Author Topic: Wrong artist displayed  (Read 4896 times)

pooptimist

Hi, not sure howto word it, but I have some tracks of 747 in musicbee, which is an acid-techno artist, but the automatic bio and artist pic is that of a polish punk band called 747 aswell. how can i manually change that?

Tybot

The bio can be edited by simply right-clicking the bio-panel and selecting "Edit Biography". Or you can navigate to:

C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\MusicBee\InternalCache\ArtistData

Open the file "747.bio.dat" with any text editor.

The artist picture can be changed by right-clicking the artist picture in the main panel and selecting "Paste artist picture". Of course you would first need to find a picture of the artist online or on your hard drive, right-clicking it and selecting "Copy".

pooptimist

Thanks, that worked, but the circular thumbnail on the top left is still that of the punk band, and right clicking it doesn't give me the option to change it...

pooptimist

Nvm found it under the artist panel, I was in album and  tracks

jan_axhell

I have the same problem but I can't fix it: if I right-click in the Profile tab of an Artist, nothing happens.

I wish to change the bio of a singer called Jones (real name Cherie Jones-Mattis https://www.discogs.com/it/artist/749800-Jones-10) that MB targets as Tom Jones.
I've managed to partly fix it changing the Artist name in the album tags to Cherie Jones-Mattis and pasting a custom image in the circle, but I cannot change anything in the profile entry (which is empty, it only shows albums).

Also when I play a Cherie Jones-Mattis track, the Now Playing tab shows Tom Jones pictures..