Author Topic: "Stop After Track" doesn't  (Read 3931 times)

Steven

• Administrator
"Stop After Track" was also not working for me, even though "Stop After Current" works fine.

Turned off various plugins and settings, one by one, until I think I have tracked down the culprit.

If crossfade is enabled, MB displays the "Playback will stop..." message but just keeps playing.  Turn it off and it works just fine  :)
i can reproduce the issue with crossfade enabled, except it also is not working for "Stop After Current" as well

The bug with the crossfade is fixed for the next update but i am not convinced its the same issue frankz is having

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_2/MusicBee32_Patched.zip
Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 10:38:01 AM by Steven

frankz

No, I have crossfade off. (Scratch that - one install where it wasn't working had crossfade on / one had it off)

I am trying different "Player" settings on both right now and will report in.
Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 01:50:49 PM by frankz

frankz

Interesting.  Turned off crossfade on the laptop install, where Stop After Track never worked (but "Stop After Current" did - many times a day) and Stop After Track worked.  This is the install I ran the debug version on.

On my desktop install, Stop After Track worked intermittently (2 out of 3 attempts) when I tried it after I noticed the issue on my laptop.  Interestingly, I switch crossfade on and off on that one, so I could very well have had crossfade on at the time when it didn't work and off when it did work.  That also now works fine there with crossfade off.

I'll keep an eye on it, but this seems to have licked it.  Nice work and thanks for the help, and good eye Bee-liever.

Bizy

Present version (3.3.7061):
- without shuffle:
- stop after track not working
- stop after current works
Full installer Version 3_4_7805
Portable Editon 3_4_7805 P

Steven

• Administrator
- without shuffle:
As always just for you. Unless someone else reports the same I wont investigate this further

frankz

- without shuffle:
FYI this has worked fine for me since the issue was addressed a year ago.  This thread is not relevant to whatever is happening to you.

Bizy

@Steven:
In case you doubt my observation:  see for yourself:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=33968903722582556194
(2 ex;  what you can't see is that I move the cursor to the end of the song;  in the 2nd ex. I let the song play a bit longer)
(I can do the same for other issues.)

Whether I'm the only one:  who knows, but that would be a little bit weird, no?  I'm using the latest full installer on Windows 10.  Guess I'm not the only one.  But I'm doing the effort to report it.

@Frank:
Whether it's appropriate or not to post this here:  the title says ''stop after track' doesn't (work?)'.  I checked this, and this still seems to be an issue.  In general, I check whether an issue has been already been dealt with or not - guess that's 'good practice'?

If you want me to start a new thread:  fine.  (Just ask.)

@Steven:
If you want me to stop reporting altogether:  also fine.
Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 01:14:12 AM by Bizy

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
I can reproduce the behavior from Bizy's video on 3.3.7062. It only occurs if Stop After Track is selected on the currently playing track. Works if selected for a track that will play after the currently playing track. Stop After Current working fine.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

Bizy

@Critterman:  thanks! ;-)

Maybe it's intended that way. 
(Then there is no problem.  Only some possible confusion.)

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
I can see how someone could find it intuitive to want to set Stop After Current by right-clicking the playing track. Might be a wishlist item?
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

Steven

• Administrator
@Steven:
If you want me to stop reporting altogether:  also fine.
I would like you to stop reporting with "it doesnt work" type posts. So if you are going to report something, provide some steps to reproduce and screenshots where appropriate.
I can reproduce the behaviour in the video of not stopping for the current playing track so i will fix that. Its unclear to me from the video whether you clicked the next track button, in which case I would expect the setting to be ignored

Bizy

No, I didn't use 'next track'. 
I moved the song forward, to keep the video short.

Thanks for fixing.

Regarding posting:  I can easily understand that (and I would expect the same if I were you).

And, I don't need to be reminded of that:  as far as I can, I do so (as with the lacking slider in compact mode, or with the lack of syncing in using tag editor/editing panel/track information (rating/love) at the same time,  or the overlap between tabs and toolbar buttons, and whatever.
Sometimes screenshots are not very useful, coz the 'phenomenon' is very complex (as when clicking 'save' for tags and they disappear, but are saved indeed, but sometimes not... - I would have to make a video with comments, and that would take considerable time).
And sometimes (as with syncing the auto-playlists), it just doesn't work, and it's just not clear (yet) why or when.  I can't help that.

I would like you to see that I'm willing to contribute out of thankfulness for what MB brings me.  And I also see your willingness to 'improve' MB and fix things as quickly as you can.  That's amazing. 
And I understand it must be sometimes frustrating to get 'negative' feedback, without being (immediately) able to nail down the problem or solve it, whatever the reason ('bad' feedback or technical issues).  Yet I have no problem with that.  Everything I post is without expectation.

Have a good day,
b.