Author Topic: LyricsReloaded (Updated)  (Read 166536 times)

frankz

I do not have that provider in my MB list of lyrics providers.

phred

• Global Moderator
I do not have that provider in my MB list of lyrics providers.
Meaning in the plug-in, or showing in Tags (2)
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

frankz

phred

• Global Moderator
In Tags(2).  It's not there.
Well --- that makes this somewhat of a mystery, eh?

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

sveakul

In Tags(2).  It's not there.
Well --- that makes this somewhat of a mystery, eh?

phred, do you have the old, no-longer-supported "Lyrics Fetcher" (mb_LyricsPlugin.dll) that Steven made installed?  That has AZLyrics, and 5 will get you 10 that's why it's still in your list.

Lyrics Fetcher had :

AZ Lyrics
Dark Lyrics
Lyrics123
Lyrics Time
PLyrics
RapGenius
SongMeanings
UrbanLyrics (dupe with the built-in one)

ALL of those are now broken except for one--I believe it is RapGenius.  I sure hope someone with the chops (i.e. not me) can add a working DarkLyrics or Metal-Archives plugin someday.

phred

• Global Moderator
phred, do you have the old, no-longer-supported "Lyrics Fetcher" (mb_LyricsPlugin.dll) that Steven made installed?  That has AZLyrics, and 5 will get you 10 that's why it's still in your list.
ALL of those are now broken except for one--I believe it is RapGenius.  I sure hope someone with the chops (i.e. not me) can add a working DarkLyrics or Metal-Archives plugin someday.
Nice catch sweakul. Yep, It's installed. Or was installed. I've deleted it now since the only one that's still working is one I have no (or very, very little) need for.
Thanks.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Palt

None of the lyric providers work
At least not properly, sometimes Chartlyrics gives lyrics, but they're pretty much always wrong
idk why
I have the latest version of both this and MusicBee
:(
Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 06:02:50 PM by Palt

phred

• Global Moderator
Exactly how are you trying to use the plugin? (Step-by-step, please.)
Is the plugin installed properly?
Do you have an internet connection?
Have you looked at the Error Log for MB? (help > View Error Log)
Have you looked at the log for the plugin? (\MusicBee\AppData\mb_LyricsReloaded\mb_LyricsReloaded.log)

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Palt

Exactly how are you trying to use the plugin? (Step-by-step, please.)
Is the plugin installed properly?
Do you have an internet connection?
Have you looked at the Error Log for MB? (help > View Error Log)
Have you looked at the log for the plugin? (\MusicBee\AppData\mb_LyricsReloaded\mb_LyricsReloaded.log)

Put the plugin in the plugin folder
Yes
Yes
Nothing there
Says it finds the lyrics, but then says this
> The pattern <div id="lyrics-body">(?<lyrics>.*?)</div> didn't match!
So that'll be the problem, i suppose

frankz

It looks like metrolyrics changed their format.  When I get time I will update the plugin.  It's going to be a while.

In the meantime you can create your own YML for metrolyrics in the providers folder by copying the source and using it instead.

I think this will work, but I haven't tested it and can't right now.

Replace:
Code
pattern: ['<div id="lyrics-body">(?<lyrics>.*?)</div>', s]

With:
Code
pattern: ['<div id="lyrics-body-text" class="js-lyric-text">(?<lyrics>.*?)</div>', s]

If it doesn't work and you can come up with something that does, please post it.

That doesn't explain why "none" of the other sources in MB and in the plugin work for you, though.

Palt

it's actually musixmatch that gives that error
the other ones clearly show they've found the song, then says "x tries to load the lyrics..." and then just starts with the next one without any error message
like this
Code
13/12/2020 06:23:49 [DEBUG] Lyrics request: Amon Amarth - Under Siege - Deceiver Of The Gods - Genius
13/12/2020 06:23:49 [INFO] Genius tries to load the lyrics...
13/12/2020 06:23:49 [DEBUG] The constructed URL: http://genius.com/amon-amarth-under-siege-lyrics
13/12/2020 06:23:49 [DEBUG] Lyrics request: Amon Amarth - Under Siege - Deceiver Of The Gods - MetroLyrics
13/12/2020 06:23:49 [INFO] MetroLyrics tries to load the lyrics...
13/12/2020 06:23:49 [DEBUG] The constructed URL: http://www.metrolyrics.com/under-siege-lyrics-amon-amarth.html
13/12/2020 06:23:49 [DEBUG] Lyrics request: Amon Amarth - Under Siege - Deceiver Of The Gods - Musixmatch
13/12/2020 06:23:49 [INFO] Musixmatch tries to load the lyrics...
13/12/2020 06:23:49 [DEBUG] The constructed URL: http://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/amon-amarth/under-siege
13/12/2020 06:23:49 [DEBUG] gzip compression detected
13/12/2020 06:23:49 [WARN] The pattern <div id="lyrics-body">(?<lyrics>.*?)</div> didn't match!
13/12/2020 06:23:49 [INFO] No lyrics found.
13/12/2020 06:23:49 [DEBUG] no lyrics found from MetroLyrics
13/12/2020 06:23:49 [DEBUG] gzip compression detected
13/12/2020 06:23:49 [DEBUG] lyrics found from Musixmatch!
13/12/2020 06:24:05 [DEBUG] Lyrics request: Amon Amarth - Under Siege - Deceiver Of The Gods - Musixmatch
13/12/2020 06:24:05 [INFO] Musixmatch tries to load the lyrics...
13/12/2020 06:24:05 [DEBUG] The constructed URL: http://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/amon-amarth/under-siege
13/12/2020 06:24:05 [DEBUG] Lyrics request: Amon Amarth - Under Siege - Deceiver Of The Gods - Genius
13/12/2020 06:24:05 [INFO] Genius tries to load the lyrics...
13/12/2020 06:24:05 [DEBUG] The constructed URL: http://genius.com/amon-amarth-under-siege-lyrics
Et cetera

frankz

It's not Musixmatch that gives the error.  Musixmatch uses a different pattern.  The message are sequential according to time received, not in order of service.  The error is actually from what I said the error is from.

There's no reason why you shouldn't have gotten lyrics from this song from either Musixmatch or Genius as they both have them and they're located at the URL where the plugin thinks they are.
Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 10:23:58 PM by frankz

sveakul

@OP: Actually, it's not MusixMatch, that works fine.  Did some actual testing with only that source selected, and after flushing the Lyrics folder cache.  Quickly returned lyrics for Porcupine Tree's "Even Less."

Same test:  the bulit-in Metrolyrics really was broken--no results.  Downloaded and revised the metrolyrics.com.yml acc. to frankz's instructions, and this DOES work again (thanks!), but seems to return only the first part of the lyrics, bracketed with "<!--First Section-->" on top, and "<!--WIDGET - RELATED--> Related" at the bottom.  Example below (Wishbone Ash's "Number the Brave"):

<!-- First Section -->
In another time and space
(..first verse of lyrics continue)
For they died for you.
<!--WIDGET - RELATED-->
Related

@Frankz I realize that's just a tuning issue for later.  Wanted to add though that when I added the mod yml to the Providers folder, there was NOT a double entry for Metrolyrics despite the warning in your first post "If you have custom yml files in your \providers\ folders for any of the above, that provider will show up twice in Edit->Edit Preferences->Tags(2)."  Instead it shows the one entry and started using the custom yml--actually "preferred" behavior!
Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 10:34:57 PM by sveakul

frankz

I think Metro might have defeated the plugin by splitting the songs by section.  The plugin can't dip in and out picking up sections here and there.  It starts at the pattern and goes until it finds the last thing in the pattern (</div> in this case).  Since they div in and out, this may not be fixable.  Let me think about it.  I've got a lot going on.

sveakul

frankz that's cool.

BTW, I noticed that when lyrics are found, and then the window right-clicked and "Search Next Provider" selected, past behavior was that if another one of the plugin's sources had the lyrics also, those would then be displayed.  Now, after doing that you just get "No lyrics found", even when more than one source definitely has the lyrics.  For example, Switchblade Symphony's "Clown", or Suzi Quatro's "Devil Gate Drive" both immediately find lyrics at Genius (first on my list), but when "Search Next Provider" is done nothing is found, even though MusixMatch has those lyrics also (and will display them if the genius source is un-checked when search is begun).  Is that happening by design?  Newest version of LRU and MB.  Maybe I'm recalling that from when more of the MB built-in sources were active and maybe "Next provider" was actually jumping over LRU?