Author Topic: LyricsReloaded (Updated)  (Read 166511 times)

BillH

Thanks for the reply.  It looks like some of the errors are due to my having changed Artist to match who is actually performing a song rather than the person the lyrics are tied to on the providers web sites.  For example, for the album Are You Passionate?, I have the Artist as Neil Young & Booker T. & the M.G.'s.  I have the Album Artist as Neil Young.  The providers all tie the lyrics to Neil Young.  Is there a way to have the plugin use the Album Artist field instead of the Artist field?

On some the song is on a compilation album of some sort instead of on the original album.  It looks like the plugin is sending the album name as part of the search and it isn't being found as the providers have the lyrics tied to the original album name.  Is there a way around this problem?

On one of my tests this is what happened.  The URL from the log:

The constructed URL: http://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/van-morrison/like-a-canonball

The URL from the site:

https://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/Van-Morrison/Straight-to-Your-Heart-Like-a-Cannonball

The name of the song is (Straight To Your Heart) Like A Canonball.  The artist is Van Morrison.

Even if I search for just Like A Cannonball it is found on Musixmatch.

This is not the problem I was reporting, but t looks like the plugin is dropping the beginning of the song, (Straight To Your Heart).  This same problem happens to me on any song with part of the name in ().

Thanks,
Bill
Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 04:12:01 AM by BillH

frankz

Yes, it would appear that the regex for that provider does strip out parentheticals. If you do not want it to do this, I would suggest following the instructions to create a custom YML file for this provider based on the built in one that does not do this.  Add it to the providers folder and select it in the place of the original.

Here is the YML for that provider:
https://github.com/mbfrankz/LyricsReloaded/blob/master/LyricsReloaded/Configs/musixmatch.com.yml

Overview:
https://github.com/mbfrankz/LyricsReloaded/tree/master/LyricsReloaded

Here is an example configuration to use as a guide:
https://github.com/mbfrankz/LyricsReloaded/blob/master/LyricsReloaded/Configs/example.yml

That said, I find it slightly hard to believe that you were unable to find lyrics for (Straight To Your Heart) Like A Cannonball by Van Morrison through any of MB's facilities.  They do not all work for everything, that's why there is a large variety.

Thanks for the reply.  It looks like some of the errors are due to my having changed Artist to match who is actually performing a song rather than the person the lyrics are tied to on the providers web sites.  For example, for the album Are You Passionate?, I have the Artist as Neil Young & Booker T. & the M.G.'s.  I have the Album Artist as Neil Young.  The providers all tie the lyrics to Neil Young.  Is there a way to have the plugin use the Album Artist field instead of the Artist field?

On some the song is on a compilation album of some sort instead of on the original album.  It looks like the plugin is sending the album name as part of the search and it isn't being found as the providers have the lyrics tied to the original album name.  Is there a way around this problem?
The plugin will use what appears in the Artist field as far as I know.  Doesn't look like that's configurable.  Songs properly tagged with the universally credited artist for a track should work fine because that's what the providers use.

The plugin doesn't use album names for any provider I've seen. You can look through them all here:
https://github.com/mbfrankz/LyricsReloaded/tree/master/LyricsReloaded/Configs

None appear to use album names.

Do you have an example?
Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 04:43:40 AM by frankz

BillH

That said, I find it slightly hard to believe that you were unable to find lyrics for (Straight To Your Heart) Like A Cannonball by Van Morrison through any of MB's facilities.  They do not all work for everything, that's why there is a large variety.

The plugin doesn't use album names for any provider I've seen. You can look through them all here:
https://github.com/mbfrankz/LyricsReloaded/tree/master/LyricsReloaded/Configs

None appear to use album names.

Do you have an example?

I'll take a look at creating a custom YML.

Well... don't I feel a bit stupid.  I ripped Tupelo Honey a long time ago in iTunes.  When it got the track names it got the wrong name for that song.  It mis-spelled cannonball as canonball.  When I was looking at it tonight I wanted it to say cannonball so that is what I saw.  :-[   After changing that it worked fine.  I found at least 5 or 6 other songs where this was the problem.

I also feel a bit stupid.  I misread the log.  There was no album title in the log.  The song name and album title were the same.   :-[  :-[   I'll have to look a bit closer to see what the problem was for these songs.  

As for Album Artist vs. Artist, I guess I'll try changing the Artist temporarily, get the lyrics, and then change the Artist back.

Thanks for all your help.

Bill

frankz

You're welcome.

I will say this for the record not directed at you per se but kind of as a general rule of thumb. Because of the hard work and (IMO) genius of the plugin's original author and members who posted YML updates and new providers on the forum over time (i.e.  nothing at all to do with me), it is a pretty popular plugin with over 5k downloads just in the time since I updated and re-uploaded it. It's one that those users use each time they play a song.

If there were a structural problem with the plugin such as it being incapable of downloading lyrics for fairly common Classic Rock songs, it would be widely reported.  The chances of someone randomly running across what appears to be a debilitating structural problem with the plugin is very slim at this point.  If one thinks they've found a major flaw with the way it works, it's much more likely that the problem is with the way they've tagged their files.

That's not to say there can't and won't be glitches. Nothing is perfect. Providers change their sites, for example, or go offline totally.  But something major like "OMG this won't download lyrics from any provider for many of my songs!" if you think about it logically, is not likely to be something that just one person notices.

And, if there is such a problem, the likelihood of someone of my very limited skill being able to fix it is probably about 10-12%. 

Food for thought.

BillH

Understood.  That is why I prefaced my original posting with "What am I doing wrong?". 

I figured it was probably something I was doing wrong rather than the plugin.  It just took me awhile to figure out what I was doing wrong.  Thanks to you I now know to look in the log to see what is being looked for and comparing that to what I search for in Google.  This really helped me out on the ones I've checked so far. 

Just as an aside, i would guess that less than 1% of my songs didn't find lyrics when I auto tagged them, but that was still probably several 100 songs.

Thanks,
Bill

frankz

No, I know, that's why I said it wasn't directed at you.

So, for future readers, the answer is almost always "check your tags."

Irony is that most of what I listen to is from the last few years with no lyrics posted anywhere. I'm lucky if I ever know what the hell anyone is singing about.  ;D
Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 05:53:19 AM by frankz

JDV

The other possibility is that you have two copies of the plugin floating around - one in the user plugin folder (users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee\Plugins) and one in the MusicBee program plugin folder (Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\plugins) .  That will also cause this error.
Hi frankz,
There is nothing still running in Task Manager when MusicBee isn't running.
The error message I'm getting is:
the process cannot access the file 'users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee\mb_LyricsReloaded\mb_LyricsReloaded.log' because it is being used by another process.

On inspection I have a mb_LyricsReloaded.dll file in two locations. One is in the user\appdata\roaming\musicbee\plugins and the other in C\Program Files > MusicBee > Plugins

From what you have said I assume one is unnecessary and should be deleted?  Delete the one in Program Files?

I'm having this exact same problem. I would really like to use this plugin.
I've tried deleting both instances, once again copying the dll file to the musicbee plugins folder, I start the player up and it tells it's already being used. I go look in the user\appdata\roaming\musicbee\plugins  folder and it's duplicated itself there... again.

I've tried 3 times.  Why is this happening?

DaraK

hello,
first, thanks for maintaining this awesome plugin, it mostly helps a lot.

I wonder if someone could help me implement a custom provider. I've found already some posts on this forum trying to implement darklyrics.com but with not too much useful information. This would be really useful cause i found quite some metal stuff can be missing (i checked the tags for correctness also).

So as i understand it adding a yml file will be enough to add a provider?

As i saw this plug-in searches by song name in url, so this one will be a bit tricky. Darklyrics uses only album titles with escaped spaces so
"The Violent Sleep Of Reason" would become "theviolentsleepofreason.html"

then all the songs are listed like this on the page

<h3><a name="1">1. Song title</a></h3><br />
lyrics paragraph<br />
another lyrics paragraph<br />
<br /><br />
<h3><a name="2">2. Song Title</a></h3><br />
lyrics<br />
<br /><br />
etc. ...

so the regex would need to fetch the track title between <a> tags but after the number with a dot after the <a> tag since thats the track number and then after finding the right track title get the lyrics after the following<br /> until the triple break like this
lyrics<br />
<br /><br />

i dunno how to do that would be extremely awesome if someone could help out  ???

sveakul

DaraK:  I also would like to see this implemented.  FYI, the old non-maintained plugin by Steven, mb_LyricsPlugin.dll, did at one time search Dark Lyrics, but I have confirmed this is no longer the case.  I have been using a MB Custom Web Links search from the Track Info using just the straight string "http://www.darklyrics.com/search?q=<Artist> <Title>".  For example, for the song Burned Away by Rain Fell Within, that search will end up at the link for the actual song lyrics, which it stores as an enumerated link in the song's album (in this case "Refuge"), constructed as "http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/rainfellwithin/refuge.html#9" within the site.

I don't have the chops myself to make a yml file that will work with this, but hopefully your experiments will encourage others to send some suggestions.  It seems the "odd" part is the way they link the full lyrics not by song name but by track# within the album name after the initial search determines if they have it.  Good luck with it anyway, you're already farther ahead than me!!

And a shout-out to frankz for his fantastic work taking over this MB plugin, which is the one I find I use the most.
Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 03:39:27 AM by sveakul

Lauraq

Hi :)

Is possible add www.angolotesti.it ? Is the only good site with italian lyrics

Thanks

MetalFrog

DaraK:  I also would like to see this implemented.  FYI, the old non-maintained plugin by Steven, mb_LyricsPlugin.dll, did at one time search Dark Lyrics[...]
Seconding a request for Dark Lyrics.  :-*

phred

• Global Moderator
I have Dark Lyrics showing in Preferences > Tags (2) > auto-tagging > lyrics as one of the providers. I have both the Lyrics_Reloaded and the Lyrics Fetcher plugins enabled so I don't know which one Dark Lyrics is coming from. Whether it actually retrieves lyrics or not is up to you to figure out.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

sveakul

I have Dark Lyrics showing in Preferences > Tags (2) > auto-tagging > lyrics as one of the providers. I have both the Lyrics_Reloaded and the Lyrics Fetcher plugins enabled so I don't know which one Dark Lyrics is coming from. Whether it actually retrieves lyrics or not is up to you to figure out.

Hi phred, it's coming from the old "Lyrics Fetcher" plugin (mb_LyricsPlugin.dll) no longer maintained by Steven.  And unfortunately it is NOT working anymore on Dark Lyrics as I have recently confirmed trying to tag some Unsun stuff.  I have asked zkhcohen if he can do a specific Dark Lyrics plugin and he said he will give it a shot as time allows.  Frankz has given us some good resources farther up the thread (https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=25406.msg163432#msg163432) for LyricsReloaded but man custom yml is just out of my wheelhouse I guess.

phred

• Global Moderator
Hi phred, it's coming from the old "Lyrics Fetcher" plugin (mb_LyricsPlugin.dll) no longer maintained by Steven
Thanks sveakul. I've had it unticked, so whether it was working or not, wasn't important to me. Do you know if the rest of the sources in Steven's plugin are working? And which they are? I suppose I can disable it and see which disappear.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

sveakul

Do you know if the rest of the sources in Steven's plugin are working? And which they are?

The ones in Steven's are:

AZ Lyrics (dupe)
Dark Lyrics
Lyrics123
Lyrics Time
PLyrics
RapGenius
SongMeanings
UrbanLyrics (dupe)

The ones I marked "dupe" are ones that were already present before adding Lyrics Fetcher, and I disabled those so as not to interfere with the more up-to-date-ones from frankz and the "built-in" ones.  Now, if they are all working, I can't tell you--except for Dark Lyrics which indeed is broken (I confirmed lyrics were at that site that were not being pulled by the plugin).