Author Topic: LyricsReloaded (Updated)  (Read 166086 times)

quick_wango

• Software Engineer
Plugin deleted.  All yours.  You can even have the thread.

In the future, you may wish to monitor the thread about your plug-in, so that when people ask things like "is this abandoned?" or "I'd like to update this but don't want to step on anyone's toes, what's the protocol?" there won't be misunderstandings.

This reaction was definetly not what I intended. I will not actively develop the plugin anymore, but if someone (you in this case) would submit changes to my repository I would happly merge them in and build a new release. You are also free to create a fork of the code base, but you have to do it in compliance with the code's license: GPLv3. The obvious violation was the missing source distribution. The full license text can be seen here together with Github's short summary: https://github.com/pschichtel/LyricsReloaded/blob/master/COPYING

frankz

OK.  Lesson learned.  Like I said, all yours and my sincere apologies for having violated you.  It's kind of why I asked what to do before doing anything.

It was a learning experience in more ways than one.
Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 08:23:45 PM by frankz

quick_wango

• Software Engineer
If you need/want, I can assist you in properly forking the project or merging your changes back into my repository.

Feel free to contact me privately.

phred

• Global Moderator
@franz - it would be a shame to let this project disappear. quick_wango has stated that he won't be developing the plugin any longer, so it seems to make sense for you to take it over. Throw in the source code, or whatever it is that the GPL requires, and keep it going. I certainly appreciate the attention you gave it bringing it back to life, and I know there are others who also appreciate your time.

Just my two cents.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

frankz

Just an update.  I completely misunderstood the tone and nature of quick_wango's post and completely overreacted. That's on me.  His request was reasonable and normal and I took it in a very wrong way and reacted very negatively when I shouldn't have.

I am going to get it together over here to comply with what he has asked and republish the plugin at such a time when I am able to do so correctly.

Sorry to quick_wango for my snark, and to the rest of you as well for having to witness it.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
Just an update.  I completely misunderstood the tone and nature of quick_wango's post and completely overreacted. That's on me.  His request was reasonable and normal and I took it in a very wrong way and reacted very negatively when I shouldn't have.

Although quite an understandable reaction considering your efforts to update this plugin  ;)
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

frankz

FWIW I've gone ahead and put the updated plugin (source and release) up on Github.

If you already have the version that was on the Add Ons page(1.1.4), you don't need to re-download.  Nothing has changed with it since then. You can check your version by right-clicking the plugin in Windows and checking the Details tab.  Or, if you feel better about being able to get it from where you can see the source, then you can redownload it. Either way.  

If anyone has an example of a song page on metrolyrics that doesn't have a lyrics but instead displays an "oops...We don't have lyrics for that song" type message, I could use a link.  I'm having trouble finding one. I figured out how to avoid pulling those, and I'd like to add metrolyrics back in but I need the exact text of what they say when a page exists but there are no lyrics on it.  Thanks.
Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 08:04:40 PM by frankz

sveakul

Nice job on the GitHub site, thanks frankz!

frankz

Thanks. In the end, the cost was one Saturday morning of self-doubt and frustration, but it's done now and at least it's something I now know how to do (sort of).  :)

frankz

I've updated the OP with valid links and info.

sveakul

I use this plugin a LOT, especially for checking lyrics for intriguing tracks playing on radio streams  :)   As such, the log file it creates grows and grows, as it adds to vs. replaces itself as the plugin is used.  I use this simple script in a batch file to delete it, placing a shortcut to the .bat in my Windows startup folder for set-it-and-forget-it mode:

Code
cd C:\MusicBee\AppData\mb_LyricsReloaded
del mb_LyricsReloaded.log
The path reflects the Portable install options for MusicBee I have chosen, change it to reflect yours.

Likewise, the lyrics themselves add up in a series of numbered subfolders and .dat files in the MusicBee\Appdata\InternalCache\Lyrics folder.  A batch (.bat) file with this code takes care of that in the same way as the log:

Code
@ECHO OFF

Set dir="c:\MusicBee\AppData\InternalCache\Lyrics"

Echo Deleting all files from %dir%
del %dir%\* /F /Q

Echo Deleting all folders from %dir%
for /d %%p in (%dir%\*) Do rd /Q /S "%%p"
@echo Folder deleted.

exit
As with the log file example, change the "Set dir=" path to match yours.  Now get back to grabbing lyrics!

frankz

Great tip @sveakul!  Keep 'em coming.

PS - My log since inception is about the size of one 1990s floppy disc: 1.4mb.  I don't know that it's a huge issue, but nice work!

Nokiaman

frankz

FYI - I've updated the plugin to version 1.1.5.  Changes are:

Added Metrolyrics back in (I wasn't seeing significant errors or weird data.  If you get messages about missing lyrics with Metrolyrics, please post the artist and title to the song as well as the message that showed up in place of lyrics so I can investigate)

Added LyricWiki (Gracenote) back in as I was getting better results here than with native MB Gracenote for some reason (YMMV).  Figured it was better to have the choice if they're going to give different results and let each user decide which iteration to use.

Updated revision from 1.1.4 to 1.1.5

Updated the first post with the new info. Plugin page seems to take a while to update, but you can grab the latest version from the first post of this thread.
Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 06:39:10 PM by frankz

sveakul

Thanks for the update frankz, I grabbed that one at light speed  :)