Author Topic: Some problems with Audiobook m4b files  (Read 2111 times)

BlackNet

Hey,

i have 16 audiobooks that is crashing my Musicbee when I will edit the tags, why I must edit the tags? Musicbee can't read it.

This is a error Message from the log file from my initial setup
06.05.2018 10:03:21 - File open failed: 'M:\Audiobooks\J.R.R. Tolkien\01 Der Hobbit.m4b' - Eine Ausnahme vom Typ "System.OutOfMemoryException" wurde ausgelöst. (sorry is german)

In my Organise Library i found this error message by the files: missing tags: Album, Artist, Disc-Track#, Title (but each other player can read it)

Here some screenshots from the editing

and here is the crash

But no entry in the Log file :(

This is the overview, weird is there are no time is displayed

And here a working book with time display

My Musicbee Version is 3.1.6590 (Portable)

All my Audiobooks was created with the Mac Tool Audiobook Builder and worked fine in iTunes and also i have tested Media Monkey today and works also fine here.

Hope you can help me, I spend the last three days much time to setup and configure the program and my library, I love this program and I don't want to change to a other program.

BlackNet

Hey Steven,

I have send already a PM to you with a link.

Subject was Bug Report.

Thanks

Steven

• Administrator
The files you sent had corrupt data at the end of the file. I have actually encountered this issue before but the handling wasnt working for those files.
This should address the issue:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_2/MusicBee32_Patched.zip

you will need to rescan existing problem files already in your library using right click/ Send To/ Rescan Files

BlackNet

WOW  :-* ....Thank you Steve for your awesome Support.

Ok I replaced the files with the new ones, and works like a charm.
But now I know that the files are corrupt so I will create some books new.

Thank you so much.