Author Topic: Missing Dark Skins  (Read 6232 times)

ThornyJohn

I just downloaded and installed a fresh copy of Musicbee onto a new laptop and noticed that several of the Dark skins were missing when compared to my desktop installation. Others may be missing/moved as well, but I only checked the Dark skins because I've standardized all my installations of Musicbee to use the Dark/Dark skin. The software versions are very similar between the two, as listed below:

Desktop installation (v3.0.6053) Dark skin list:
Arsenic
Bee78
Calabaza Nocturna
Charcoal
Clarity
Dark
DarkRED Flat
Duophonic
Dusk.mod.Inminente
Honeycomb Dark
Honeycomb
Jistme the NightBee
MetroStyle
MidnightMETRO
Pop Pink
Spooky Black
Spotify B
Sunset
Tron Punk

Laptop installation (v3.0.6132) Dark skin list:
Arsenic
Bee78
Calabaza Nocturna
Duophonic
MetroStyle
MidnightMETRO
Pop Pink
Tron Punk

I am specifically interested in the Dark/Dark skin. Has it been moved/renamed, or is it just gone? If gone, anyone know of an existing skin with a similar look and feel?

phred

• Global Moderator
I'm going to guess your desktop install was an upgrade from v2.x and some of the skins were installed with v2.x and were dropped from v3.x. They may not have been completely compatible with v3, but if they worked for you under 3.x on the desktop, simply copy them over to the laptop.

You can also check the Wiki for skins. Also the Add-ons section (from the menu at the top of this page) has skins but not all authors have moved their skins to this section yet.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

ThornyJohn

Yup, you're right, the desktop installation was originally a 2.x install. In so far as I can tell, the Dark/Dark skin from 2.x still works fine (for my limited purposes, anyway), so I'll copy it over to the laptop. Many thanks for your reply.

madman467

Hi,
i also would like to use this skin, but i dont have it as i directly installed v3, can someone please tell me how i can get this skin, or send me the file?

Thanks

Steven

• Administrator