Author Topic: Some AIF tags not showing up in main window  (Read 836 times)

N0dMalb0n

Hi, I'm new to this board, but have been using MB for a couple of years. I love it.

In the last few days, I've bought AIF music files from an outlet that I have bought many from in the past. Normally, I can see the tags on these files. With the recent ones, I can see the tags in tag inspector, but they don't appear in the main window.

A bit of further investigation shows that the 'Kind' (file type) of all the older .aif files is set to "MP3 Audio File" and the tags are showing. The recent ones show up as "AIF Audio File" and the tags do not show.

I can edit the tags in MP3tag, which is the solution to MB not supporting AIF tag editing that I've been using for a while. They still don't show up though.

I can solve the problem by converting the files to another format but if I've paid for a hi-res file I'd prefer not to have to do this.

Any ideas as to what might provide a solution to this will be welcome.

Thanks.

redwing

I'd convert them to FLAC using foobar and import to MB (unless you're one of those who believe WAV and AIFF sound better than FLAC).
It can preserve bit depth and sample rate and you can make sure the audio stream is identical by bit comparison test after conversion is done. But do not use MB for converting AIFF since it doesn't keep bit depth.

N0dMalb0n

Thanks for that. Interestingly, I had used the MB conversion to FLAC and thought I could hear a difference. So maybe I was right. Your solution should be a good workaround. I'll give it a try.