Author Topic: Sample rates  (Read 2360 times)

kvanto

Hi everyone,

I hope there is simple answer to this.
I moved on to MB from iTunes and it all looks great.
However all my 96 kHz audio files are shown as 44.1 kHz in Sample rate column of library and playlists. iTunes correctly showed them as 96 kHz.
My external DAC also registers them at 44.1 kHz when playing.

Do I need to tick some options somewhere in preferences or is it some kind of bug in MB

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Thank you

redwing

What's the file type?
Also try different options in Preferences> Player to see if one of them causes it.

kvanto

Thanks for the prompt reply.

The file type is AIFF (file extention .aif)

redwing

MB's support for AIFF is very limited. Probably that's the reason.

frankz

Also, while it shouldn't affect the display side, MB will output 44.1 if you have something like crossfading enabled no matter the source file's samples rate. If you do, that would account for your DAC seeing them that way.

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
To add to what frankz said, crossfading can be disabled by unchecking the appropriate box under Player in the preferences.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

kvanto

Problem solved

I removed crossfading, still didn't work.  Then changed audio player to WASAPI or ASIO and the DAC started showing correct sample rates.
Sample rate column is still wrong in Playlists (must be MB's issue with AIFF files as noted by redwing) but don't really care about it as long as DAC gets correct sound quality.

Thanks to all of you for your help.

sveakul

kvanto:  in addition to the fading option as pointed out by frankz and Critterman, since you say changing to WASAPI/Asio solved the problem at your DAC's end, 5 will get you 10 that you also had the Windows mixer set to 44.1kHz as I would imagine Direct Sound is what you had your output set to previously.

I have exactly one AIFF in my collection but it is "really" a 44.1k sample rate;  I left the original id3v2.4 tag on that it came with (Bandcamp), but MusicBee can read neither the tag nor the sample/bit rates in its Edit window, so yeah AIFF has its issues.  AIMP and Foobar do read the original tag and rates on that one.