Author Topic: CTRL + A in the column browser  (Read 1535 times)

I_Tichy

Title kind of explains everything I have to say about this feature.  Being able to use ctrl + a in the column browser as a shortcut to view all would be convenient.

redwing

It's already there. Try the hotkey "General: Reset search and browse filters".

Tybot

Not to hijack the thread but it's kind of apropo. The ability to select multiple entries in the column browser and library explorer using CTRL would be nice.

redwing

Tybot

For column browser, it's already supported.

Any idea as to why it's not working here? Pressing CTRL doesn't do anything.

Tybot

Nevermind, I've yet again confused the column browser with the thumbnail browser. My wish was for the thumbnail browser.

frankz

You can just do Ctrl+Home in the thumbnail browser.  The first item is always "All ..." (whatever the view is, artists, albums, etc).

CTRL+A selects all the tracks there.  I don't think I'd like to see that change - it's very useful and exactly what you'd expect to happen.

Tybot

You can just do Ctrl+Home in the thumbnail browser.  The first item is always "All ..." (whatever the view is, artists, albums, etc).

CTRL+A selects all the tracks there.  I don't think I'd like to see that change - it's very useful and exactly what you'd expect to happen.

I'm with you on that. But I'm talking about CTRL+mouseclick to select several items at once. Say you're using the thumbnail browser to display "genre", CTRL+click on "Jazz" and "Classical" would display every file with those two genres.

I_Tichy

You can just do Ctrl+Home in the thumbnail browser.  The first item is always "All ..." (whatever the view is, artists, albums, etc).

Okay, ctrl+home actually does exactly what I was looking for in terms of functionality. Resetting everything isn't quite what I was looking for.  Is it possible to rebind ctrl+home?