Author Topic: AAC support for Sony X-series and a conversion request  (Read 24499 times)

seVen

Hi Steven,
Long time since i asked something (from HA forum) but i have two quickly request...   ;D

- My Sony X-1050 (MTP device) perfectly support AAC but MusicBee doesn't see the files on the device and even doesn't give me the possibility to make conversions to it in AAC, only see MP3 e WMA.

- If i send to the device one track from a lossless album with embedded cue (FLAC in my case) MusicBee convert and send the entire album as a single file and not only the choosen track, or anyway at least splitted tracks...

Thanks in advance!

Steven

• Administrator
fortunately i have a sony mtp device and can see what the problem is
http://www.mediafire.com/?yngmawzt20z

this should detect support for AAC files now and sync accordingly

for the 2nd problem, it should be splitting files if you do that using the file converter yourself beforehand. I'll check out why its not working for on-the-fly synching later in the week

seVen

Thanks Steven, cool as always but... now i can see them on it but only if they have the MP4 suffix and not M4A and i can't sync any of my files, always receive a copy failed at start. Strangely, with an on the fly AAC conversion a file is copied.

Steven

• Administrator
i've had a another go and tried to make this the same as the settings windows file manager uses when saving the file - unfortunately with M4A files i cant find any documented standard for the internal identifiers to use to identify the file as an M4A file.
But i think this should work - it was ok for my device, but i've had very little time tonight to look at this
http://www.mediafire.com/?mmnmzdgnm4m
Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 10:30:07 PM by Steven

seVen

Hi Steve,
I can see the files now even if only the title track (not a major problem  :P) but again i can't copy any file from the library, as before only with on-the-fly conversion an AAC file created is copied. Since anyway is what i want to use i hope you will find the problem with embedde cues when you have time...
Thanks and good work!  :)
Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 08:11:07 PM by seVen

Steven

• Administrator
just so i am absolutely clear, by AAC files do you mean pure AAC files with a .AAC extension?
or do you mean AAC files wrapped as M4A files with a .M4A extension which is what i understand you to mean
And when you cant copy, how are you copying? - using drag/drop or Send To > Device
in my case for .m4a files i have no problems copying to the device with either of those methods

would you be able to PM me the most recent entries in the error log (View/ Error Log) - that might give me some clues why its not copying the AAC files

I'll look into splitting embeded cursheets on-the-fly tomorrow night or the weekend
Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 10:52:32 PM by Steven

seVen

Sorry Steve, I always mean M4A files... Anyway, after some testing also with another sony walkman i have found the problem... "Level volume" in Synchronisation Settings! I thinked that was only in use during on-the-fly conversions but unchecking it now every copy mode works and i can also see the files perfectly on the player. Possible bug... or crazy MTP? I think is better if i change the player to USB via device manager instead of using it in MTP for avoid all the troubles and especially not make you mad...  ;)
Another small thing, in Sync Settings the encoding profile is not saved, is always set to portable listening.
Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 01:02:41 AM by seVen

Steven

• Administrator
ok, i'll check this out tonight - it could well be a bug on my side with the 'level volume'

Steven

• Administrator
ok, for the volume leveling issue you need to download AACGAIN yourself (I cant distribute it because of patents) - you can get it from
http://www.rarewares.org/aac-encoders.php#aacgain
and copy to the MusicBee program folder (same folder as MusicBee.exe)
You only need it if you want to level the volume without re-encoding. It works without this application when you encode to aac because MusicBee applies the required volume adjustment itself as the encoding is done.

For the on-the-fly encoding when synching specific tracks from lossless files with embeded cuesheets, this should fix that:
http://www.mediafire.com/?xdij3zduamj

I've also fixed the bug where it wasnt remembering the encoding profile in the device sync settings panel, and also added a new option so you can specify that on-the-fly encoding is only triggered for lossless files (probably not relevant for what you want though)
Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 10:37:56 PM by Steven

seVen

Hi Steve!

For the on-the-fly encoding when synching specific tracks from lossless files with embeded cuesheets, this should fix that.

Fantastic for that, now is becoming my definitve perfect player/sync program, maaaany thanks!  ;D
(Just to point, but absolutely no problem, that only works with Send To > Device, no drag & drop or sync)

ok, for the volume leveling issue you need to download AACGAIN...

Peeerfectly works now!

Have a nice weekend.  :)

Steven

• Administrator
glad to hear its working ok

just regarding the splitting not working for full auto-sync, i'll implement that on the weekend along with splitting when using drag-drop.
Only one minor thing with drag-drop is the intention i had for that operation was you can drop the file to a specific folder and the file will be named as the original file.
So when the tracks are virtual tracks from the same physical file, they will need to have a different filename on the device - i think i'll just add _Track01, _Track02, etc to the filename