Author Topic: Add Back cover to artwork retrieval filter setting  (Read 2925 times)

redwing

Currently the artwork retrieval filter setting lists front, cover, folder, artwork but doesn't support back cover.
Would be great if "Back.*" was added to the setting as an additional filter which would allow an easy access to the picture. Usually it contains all the info needed for detailed tagging especially for classical music.

I know "*.*" filter is there, but it would link all images (the whole booklet images, for instance) in the folder.

Alumni

Good idea for those of us who care about back covers.

As I use mp3tag to embed/save artwork the back cover is by default always named folder(1).jpg. So maybe that could be a preset as well.

redwing

Thanks a lot!
One question. Is there a way to link those back covers as "Album Cover (back)" picture type? Looks like I have to change for every album manually in the tag editor.

redwing

The only reason I care about the picture type is the track info panel invariably shows "Album Cover" for every linked image:

So you can't know what each image is about until clicking on every image (unless you're using album cover view with multiple images) .

And this is the reason:
auto-detected folder.jpj, cover.jpg and front.jpg to default the picture type to Album Cover.

Then why not set back covers to "Album Cover (back)" type when they are auto-detected?

Also how about making the track info panel show image filename too like "Album Cover (embedded) /Album Cover (front.jpg) /Album Cover (cover.jpg)"?
Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 06:52:27 AM by redwing

Steven

• Administrator
the next update will automatically associate filename "Back.*" with picture type: Album Cover (back)

redwing

the next update will automatically associate filename "Back.*" with picture type: Album Cover (back)

It doesn't work for me. It still sets back covers to "Album Cover".

Steven

• Administrator
it only applies to new files or right click/ Send To/ Rescan Files
Just re-tested and working fine for me

redwing

Already tried rescanning but it makes no differences. I'll test with new files.

redwing

Looks like back covers only in the same folder with music files are linked as Album Cover (back), and if it's in a different location, still set as Album Cover.

Steven

• Administrator
Thats also working fine for me. There is only one place in the code where a new picture is added so it shouldnt make any difference.
Maybe redownload in case i didnt include the change in the initial build but other than that i have no suggestions

redwing

it only applies to new files or right click/ Send To/ Rescan Files

If I move back cover image to a different place and then rescan it, then it now sets it as back cover (yes, doesn't have to be the same folder).
But I can't manually move all those files and rescan it. Reset artwork cache, rebuild artwork doesn't help. The only way seems that I have to recreate my library.