Author Topic: Wrong Album - Wrong Artist - Wrong Pictures ????  (Read 3596 times)

rufford155

Hello, I've just started on MB and like the look of it.

It has found all my music but has some glaring errors.

I have 36 tracks by The Spinners (English folk group now defunct, I think).

19 of them are attributed correctly - although the artist picture is of some black group I don't recognise.

The other 17 are attributed incorrectly to 15 different miscellanaous artists or groups.

That is, the artist & picture in the left hand frame are wrong although the artist is correct under Tracks in the right hand pane.

Is there any way to correct this mess ?

frankz

Is there any way to correct this mess ?
Yes, you'll want to correct/edit your tags.

Select all the offending files in the "Tracks" section - one group at a time, of course - right click -> Edit. Click the [...] next to the "Artist" field and delete anyone who doesn't belong on those tracks.  When you update, whatever you have entered will be applied to all of the selected tracks.

But, FYI, those are likely singers, producers, mixers, etc who actually do belong to those tracks.  Even so, if you don't want them there in the artist browser at the left, delete them.

If it turns out all those artists are correctly associated with the track and you want to retain them, but you still only want to see the album artist in the browser at the left, select "Album Artist" at the top of the left column.

MusicBee reacts to the way you've tagged your files, and it does it very well and in a very thorough fashion.  If incorrect data are showing, it's because you've put them there.  MB only displays the data that you've attached to your files.
Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 08:14:11 PM by frankz

rufford155

Thanks Frankz.

I haven't actually tagged anything myself, all my tracks are either downloaded from Amazon Music (mp3 versions of cd's I've bought) or lifted directly from other Cd's I own.

My presumption is that the incorrectly attributed artists have recorded the same songs and MB has got the wrong album art from the web despite those artists not appearing anywhere in my music library.

I even have some self-recorded stuff - (i) foreign language practice (ii) my children playing instruments - some of which have been attributed to people I've never heard of.

So MB has not been very clever there !

Anyway, I hope to move the incorrectly attributed tracks to the correct artists using the Edit function.

captain_paranoia

> So MB has not been very clever there !

MB can only use the metadata tags it is given. Garbage In = Garbage Out.

It is also reliant on the external image libraries. For 'fan art', that is reliant on the 'fans' applying correct metadata to the artwork.

rufford155

There's no garbage in my files except what MB has apparently found.

I don't know how to prove it to you except like this :

One of the 3 files this link leads to was attributed to an album & artist I've never heard of.

I'm not sure which one it was now as I have corrected it by editing the tags.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Au50lNkTQJOkxG-0ayflR_iuyZ4t

As I said before, these tracks were self recorded and contain only speech (not me speaking).

Can I suggest you put these into your own MB and see what happens.

I can assure you they are virus-free.

rufford155

I meant to say, by the way, Windows Media Player does it correctly.