Author Topic: Encoding FLAC to Vorbis strips ReplayGain tags / other oddities  (Read 1277 times)

fraggle

[Version 3.1.6590]

I've recently decided to use my phone (Wileyfox Swift 2 X - stock ROM) as my portable music player (as my trusty Cowon J3 is on it's last legs  :'( ).  My library is in FLAC files on a network drive and I set MusicBee to convert to Vorbis using the default settings.  For some reason, the encoded file is missing the replaygain tags of the original when MusicBee handles the transcoding during sync.  If I run oggenc2 myself from the command line then manually copy the file, the tags copy over fine and work with my player (Neutron). 

MusicBee also can't tell the difference between files with ReplayGain tags and those without on my phone and trying to send phone files to volume analysis gives a window saying 'device not supported'.

Finally, files on my phone, when viewed using MusicBee, are missing various info.  Every Ogg is missing the year, some files are missing artist information and track lengths and/or track numbers, although it can all be seen in other players.  Deleting and re-syncing a file doesn't help.