Author Topic: Play speed  (Read 31939 times)

VX

i've done a very simple Native dsp plugin (set in the equaliser dialog) that enabled tempo to be set from -50% to 100%
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_1/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

Well, I'm totally impressed how fast you are  ::) Thank you very much for the feature implementation. I did a test with few chapters of my audiobooks and podcasts and it works!  :)

It seems that changing playback speed with the plugin requires restart of MB in order to hear the effect. Is it intended?
If so, a short info would be welcome for the users' convenience.

Thank you very much once again! Much appreciated  :)

lnminente

I tested this dsp and it requires you to stop the actual song, not pausing it, and press play again and seek to the point you was before if needed.
But now i see it could be more convenient just closing and executing mb with the setting to follow playing from the last point.

Steven

• Administrator
the current imentation was just a quick first pass at this, and only applies when a new song is started. I am planning to have a look at making it apply live, but its not so straight-forward with the way its implemented in the bass library

VX

the current imentation was just a quick first pass at this, and only applies when a new song is started. I am planning to have a look at making it apply live, but its not so straight-forward with the way its implemented in the bass library

I really appreciate you've implemented this feature. As far as I know PotPlayer uses the bass library as well and you can change the playing speed live by pressing a keyboard shortcut. Actually there are 3 keybord shortcuts:  for increasing/decreasing/and restoring normal speed - and this is very comfortable for listening audiobooks, podcasts or learn foreign languages.

But after you've implemented the feature I listen my audiobooks with MB only - its look and feel beats functionality of PotPlayer  8)

To avoid frequent restarts and seeking the point you were listening before I set playback speed by 25% up and simply pause the playback when I need take a note for example. I'm a little bit more productive at work this way :D

Steven

• Administrator
this will now update the tempo on clicking the OK button in the tempo dialog:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_1/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

lnminente

Nice! Lot easier now, thanks Steven :)

VX

Thank you very much :) This one works really well - no restart is required  :)

I wonder if it would be possible to assign a button to the Tempo Controller so that it could be placed next to the Equalizer button in the Player Control Panel and in Compact Player view ???
What do you think  ???

Perhaps the access to the slider for adjusting playback speed would be quicker this way than assigning shortcut keys for increasing/ decreasing  and restoring normal speed ???

Tim Crombie

Steven, I need to confess my love for you (and Musicbee)! I am a dance teacher and this tempo control thing is just what I need. I concur with VX's suggestions. It would also be great to have an option to lock or unlock the tempo adjustment. Ie I don't necessarily  want the adjustment to apply to the next song on my playlist.

Steven

• Administrator
i am not planning to spend any more time on this, but if i understand what you want then you can untick to deactivate/ tick to reactivate the Tempo Control plugin while keeping the equaliser window open

Dynamistic

Im sorry but the link is dead, would u mind reposting it, this is a feature that i really need to have, thank you.

Steven

• Administrator
its natively included in v2.3 from the downloads page - Tempo Control is selectable as a DSP in the equaliser and dsp dialog

Dynamistic

Wow steven thank you so much for this insanely fast response, i didnt even know if i would receive one, thank you once again for helping me, and anyone else who was wondering. Your contributions are a legend!

arpadosso

Hi, Music bee is amazing, when I figure out something I just check it and it exists. But...

I play music for classical dance tango, vals, etc. Sometimes I play a contemporary music for tango or vals and sometimes the music is a bit too slow or too fast, more like fast than slow. I found the the tempo control in MB but it is a global settings. Is it too much work to place another tempo control in the Music>Edit... Settings panel?

I already supported MB with a small amount, but I can support again of course bcause I love it.

Regards

dakota

Sorry to raise a dead thread, but it would super helpful to adjust playback speed from the main window rather than dig through several windows to get to the EQ and DSP tempo plugin.  I know the functionality is there, but my point is that this is a user interface issue in not being able to quickly access it.

Maybe this has been resolved and I'm not seeing it.  

I really don't understand how others do not see why easily adjusting playback speed is such an important tool.  

MB is such a great program.  So many manhours have been spent on it.  It is so great for audiobooks and podcasts because it easily keeps my position on all played files.  Though, I guess I could just use my phone to play audiobooks/podcasts.  Then again, I could also run most of my music from my phone too.   :-X

hiccup

Maybe this has been resolved and I'm not seeing it.  
I really don't understand how others do not see why easily adjusting playback speed is such an important tool.  
The option to achieve that exists already:

Create toolbar buttons for:

Player: Tempo Increase +10%
Player: Tempo Decrease -10%

(not sure when this became available, maybe you need 3.4 beta for it)