Author Topic: Play speed  (Read 31928 times)

dcsleeks

It would be nice if you could set the play speed of songs to be 1x or 2x or 0.5x etc. And if this feature is implemented please make it so that when you set the play speed MB will stay on that speed until the speed is changed again even after restart.

phred

• Global Moderator
dcsleeks... I'm curious as to why one would want a feature like this.  Thx
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

stas

It's a fast way to listen to audiobooks and podcasts.

Maleko12

Or to do things like this:
http://gawker.com/5614579/how-to-make-justin-bieber-sound-incredible-slow-him-down-800-percent

Which WOULD be a fun, if unnecessary, addition to MB to pass the time.

phred

• Global Moderator
@stas - AH!!!!  The long-forgotten spoken word.  There's only one podcast I listen to, and I don't do audio books, so when I think of MusicBee, I'm thinking "music."

@Maleko12 - Personally I don't think there's -any-thing what can make Bieber sound incredible.  But it -is- funny. 

Thank you both.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Adson

>>I'm curious as to why one would want a feature like this<<

... can be useful to rehearse and/or transcribe songs or parts of it.

Anyhow I think too that this is not very important since there are other tools out there which can do this already.

A.

ekovv

I guess I'll bump this old thread instead of making a new one.  I'd really love to have this feature.  I play guitar along to my music a lot and it would be great to be able to slow sections down, preferably without changing the pitch.

Steven

• Administrator
there are plenty of winamp dsp or output plugins that can be used to do this

Greb

I guess I'll bump this old thread instead of making a new one.  I'd really love to have this feature.  I play guitar along to my music a lot and it would be great to be able to slow sections down, preferably without changing the pitch.

1. Install VLC: http://www.videolan.org/
2. In MusicBee go to Preferences>Tools>External Audio Editor and select VLC.
3. When you are in MB and want to play a song along, use the contextual menu Send to>VLC. It opens the song automatically in VLC
4. Turn on 'Advanced controls' in VLC (View>Advanced controls). There you can loop any part and slow down without pitch change.

ekovv

Oh ok, thanks for the suggestions!

Paltus

Changing playback speed is VERYusefull for podcasts and audiobooks. I use MB for podcasts because of it's comfortable podcast downloader, but have to listen in different player.
MB already has podcasts and audiobooks categories and uses BASS library that already supports speed change without changind pitch.
Adding speed change will be a GREAT feature.

ashash

there are plenty of winamp dsp or output plugins that can be used to do this

Can those plugins  be used with MB?

weaker

Pacemaker crashes MusicBee. The same with Procrustes. I don't know a timestretch-plugin that works.

VX

I don't want to start another topic, because a lot of good reasons for taking this request into consideration has been raised here.

I've listened a lot of audio-books recently and I must admit that lacking the feature to change the Playback Speed (Tempo) is one of the greatest drawbacks of MB. I followed Steven's advice and tried to find a suitable winamp plugin to handle this but I found only 4 plugins:
1. NT Pitch 1.1.1.87
2. PaceMaker - Tempo/Pitch/Karaoke Plugin.
3. Fourier Pitch Tempo Control - Changes pitch and tempo independently
4. Nullsoft DSP Effects - Three simple effects: Echo, Voice Removal, and Pitch/Tempo control
These plugins are really ancient - created about 10 years ago.

None of them works with MB 2.1.4770. I can install them on Windows 7 64 bit, but MB doesn't recognize them.

I'm currently using PotPlayer as a default player for audiobooks, but I use MB as the one and only app for managing, tagging and organizing audio files. It would be great if MB could handle playback speed (with keyboard shortcuts assigned to Increase/Decrease Playback Speed).

There are some chapters in audiobooks that are boring and you must increase the playback speed, whereas others need much more attention (when you are taking notes during playback for example) and decreasing the playback speed is good practice in such situations.

Steven, could you reconsider this request, please?

+1

Steven

• Administrator
i've done a very simple Native dsp plugin (set in the equaliser dialog) that enabled tempo to be set from -50% to 100%
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_1/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip