Author Topic: LikeADJ - A new way to become a DJ  (Read 29800 times)

DJC👽D

If someone want a quick demo of this plugin.
Tell me I organize a Teams session (With several persons it will be better).
This plugin can be complex to understand at the beginning.
But I'm here to explain and help you (With my french accent :)).
Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 02:49:49 PM by DJC👽D

Mr. Trev

@phred
40,000 files is an astonishing collection! Do you work in the music or film industry?
Neither, although I was a DJ in the mid-sixties through mid-seventies. A DJ then was not what a DJ is now.

The bulk of the early stuff was ripped from vinyl. The latter stuff ripped from CDs. And some stuff from the Live Music Archive.

My collection is mostly rock, with a fair amount of funk, jazz, and comedy mixed in.

And my collection is small compared to some of those reported here on the forum. The largest collection that I can remember was in excess of 700,000 tracks. https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=5318.0

I'd say 40k is fairly modest, considering mine is at ~100k - but I'm also a hoarder ;)

I was playing around a bit last night. I right clicked on a track that had BPM and Key tags for AutoDJ. The playlist was populated and started playing, except I got 2 error windows saying the seed track had missing tags (I only had BPM and Key selected) or something. When I clicked OK to close the windows the playlist got erased.

Astro Gaze

In the new version 2.0.18, I have added LONG Open Key notation (Openkey/Traditional under Mixxx).
I use only Camelot (Lancelot under Mixxx  :) ) or SHORT Open Key (Openkey under Mixxx) notations, so I have no way to test.
But everything should be ok.
The download link of the newest DLL is on the first post of this thread.

Sweet! Thanks for implementing this so quickly, DJC👽D.
I'll get to testing, right away.

Astro Gaze

First off, if anyone searches this up later... When I tested the plugin on MusicBee Portable, there was no Initialize issue.
Back at my Installer version, it was solved by doing a clean install. Make sure to backup your library first!
https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Backup_%26_Restore

Thanks to phred, DJC👽D, and Steven for your help!

Astro Gaze

Next, I tested Initial Key (Long Open Key Notation) and BPM individually. Then again on MusicBee Portable, for a total of 4 Test Runs. I turned shuffle on and picked the first song, then let the plugin take over for a total of 10 songs. In all 4 tests, according to the log, I ran into the same problem: Predicted next song was not the chosen next song.

1. When testing BPM: it almost never stayed within the Max BPM Difference. The couple times it did were a coincidence.
2. When testing Initial Key: it almost never stayed in Key. The couple times it did were a coincidence.
3. Found Bug: If you get the Looping pop up, but start playing a new song, before pressing "ok", the new song plays over top the currently playing track, without pausing the first track.
Suggestion: Make Pop Up "always on top". Don't allow MusicBee to be accessed until "ok" is pressed.

I saved the logs if you want them.

DJC👽D

New version 2.0.19 - LikeADJ disable MusicBee's random mode before starting LikeADJ because the library is already shuffled when we click on 'Play Library Shuffled' or 'Play Shuffled' or 'Start LikeADJ' + various little improvements.

I think it was the problem of Astro Gaze (I'm waiting feedback from Astro Gaze).

Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 06:40:47 PM by DJC👽D

Astro Gaze

New version 2.0.19 - LikeADJ disable MusicBee's random mode before starting LikeADJ because the library is already shuffled when we click on 'Play Library Shuffled' or 'Play Shuffled' or 'Start LikeADJ' + various little improvements.

I think it was the problem of Astro Gaze (I'm waiting feedback from Astro Gaze).

Thank you DJC👽D!

I've been thoroughly enjoying your plugin for the past week and a half :D
Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 05:09:30 AM by Astro Gaze

Astro Gaze

Hey guys,

Someone did a comparison of the accuracy of Key Detection software and I thought it should be a part of the forum. It's not mine, but they did post it on the internet so... I'm just gonna leave this here.

KEY DETECTION COMPARISON - by Bas Curtiz
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aok0ywiVFHzzKloJ1qUhyHt60bpLSumMI_slDtbs-jo/edit#gid=2890597

Hope you guys find it interesting. I did :)

DJC👽D

Thanks Astro Gaze for this comparison ;)
As I said earlier in this thread 'Mixed In Key' is for now the most accurate software for BPM, Harmonic Key and Energy analysis.

New version 2.0.20:

- Number of Philips Hue Lights allowed increased (20 to 50, as recommended by Philips now (I have now 22 Hue lights and all work like a charm :-*)).
- Added an option via 'Right+Click' on the main panel of MusicBee to deactivate quickly the LikeADJ plugin.
To reactivate it (for now, but will be improved in the future), you have to go to the configuration panel of LikeADJ and choose again your features.

@Steven: Is it possible to add to the API 'public MB_AddMenuItemDelegate MB_RemoveMenuItem;', like that I can toggle easily the menu item to deactivate/activate LikeADJ plugin?
Or another solution to deactivate/activate a plugin quickly via the MenuItem.
Many thanks in advance.
Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 02:00:47 PM by DJC👽D

Mr. Trev

Hey guys,

Someone did a comparison of the accuracy of Key Detection software and I thought it should be a part of the forum. It's not mine, but they did post it on the internet so... I'm just gonna leave this here.

KEY DETECTION COMPARISON - by Bas Curtiz
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aok0ywiVFHzzKloJ1qUhyHt60bpLSumMI_slDtbs-jo/edit#gid=2890597

Hope you guys find it interesting. I did :)

Too bad they didn't include TuneXplorer. It's half the price of Mixedinkey, and for simple analysis use, I personally wouldn't pay the full price of Mixedinkey

DJC👽D

New version 2.0.21:

- Allow Auto Mix according to 'Love' added (Thanks to Impulse for this great idea).
- Improved the settings screen.

Mr. Trev

What tags are you guys using? Just BPM and key, or do you use energy too? (I'm not concerned with ratings, love, etc)
I'm asking cause I may get a copy of Mixed in Key depending on if the have a good Black Friday sale - IIRC last year it was 40% off.
I did some searching and quite a few people that have used MiK found the "energy" feature to be kind of useless though - for DJ purposes anyways. If that's the case I might just look at Tunexplorer instead

DJC👽D

Energy is useful when you want to increase/decrease danceability during your party.

I use my plugin to prepare futures parties and it help me a lot to find songs with differents genres to be mixable.

Mr. Trev

Energy is useful when you want to increase/decrease danceability during your party.

I use my plugin to prepare futures parties and it help me a lot to find songs with differents genres to be mixable.

No dancing or parties in my world. I'm just hoping the plugin can serve the same purpose as Sony's 12tone analysis and SenseMe channels

ThY

Hello :)
How does your plugin works with the "Genre" criteria ?