Author Topic: Write Dynamic Range DR Tags and display in musicbee  (Read 3283 times)

wasp

Hello,

Does anybody know how to write DR values tags and display them in musicbee?

I have the TT-Dynamic-Range 1.4 Offline analyzer.

I spent a long time but I can't figure it out.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks!

boroda

use custom tags for that: edit/ prefs/ tags(1)/ define new tags. but i'm not sure how you can use these tags.

wasp

I can't figure out how to write the DR to the tag field. Perhaps if I figure this out I can get musicbee to display it. Any additional info would be appreciated.
Thanks

boroda

just define *any* name you like (its just the service name) for new tag at the upper field and standard tag names for several audio formats. after that close that dialog and assign your new service tag name to any of custom tags (also you can change the name of custom tag, but this name is only used for displaying in mb).

wasp

Do you know what I can use to write the DR Value to a tag? the TT-Dynamic-Range 1.4 Offline analyzer doesn't write the tags to the files it analyzes.

wasp

It think it doesn't, unless I am doing something wrong. TT-Dynamic-Range exports the DR values of analyzed tracks to a text file. I check with a few tagging programs if to see if there is any field that shows the DR but I don't see one. I can't find any info online whether TT-Dynamic-Range actually writes tags.

Antonski

I use Foobar for this purpose,  called from MB as external  program. There is a plugin DR  plugin for FB which analyze and store the values in tags, all formats known to FB can be analysed and tagged.

wasp

The Foobar workaround actually worked. Thanks for the tip!

Is it in any way possible to get the RMS value of a track also?  i.e. with the RMS value displayed by the TT dynamic Range plugin or perhaps with a different plugin?

lux1o