Author Topic: Color & font size format function  (Read 17955 times)

redwing

Thanks for implementing this!

It looks like font style support is limited only to basic ones. Segoe UI's "Light", "Semibold", etc. styles are not supported.
How about allowing to enter any style as long as it's supported by the specified font? And if there's no such style for the font, it could default to regular style.
Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 06:38:01 AM by redwing

Steven

• Administrator
i dont know how to directly support those but you can use "Segoe UI Semibold" as the font

Sizzlinol

Pretty great feature! Also, it would be cool if there would be support for the displayed fields in album covers view.

Sofocl

Steven

• Administrator
Pretty great feature! Also, it would be cool if there would be support for the displayed fields in album covers view.
for the next update that is supported but not for when "merge fields" is enabled

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_2/MusicBee32_Patched.zip

I also included the Track Info panel, except when a field spans multiple rows. Basically anywhere the text is wrapped over multiple lines wont be supported

redwing

One issue with markup tags are they are highly dependent on a skin in use. Markup tags made from dark skins are almost useless when used with a light skin since many of colored text are unreadable on white background. It's the same for markup tags made from light skins when used in dark skins. Also there are other kinds of color-theme skins where markup tags made from either light or dark skins require some adjustments. But it is unthinkable for the user to make adjustments manually on all markup tags every time changing a skin.

How about separating markup tags from virtual tags and allow each tag to have different color code in different sets?
Say five sets are supported for markup tags. Then the user would name each set as "light", "dark", "blue", etc.
When defining a tag, it has only one name but can have five different color code for each set. If the user changes a skin, only need to select another set to activate it. Then all colored tags and text in the main panel and track info panel will change to match the skin in use.

This will also have the effect of increasing the number of available virtual tags since markup tags will be separated from virtual tags.

Steven

• Administrator
I appreciate the issue but wont implement any changes around the colour handling.
The contrast markup is a skin independent way to apply a different colour

redwing

The contrast markup is a skin independent way to apply a different colour

That only works if you're not using color code just like track info panel where contrast setting is natively supported for each row.
If you meant something else, show me an example code that works for both dark and light skins when using a different color from the skin-defined fg color of the text.

adac

It is also possible to set this function for the column browser?

For example, such wrong genres could be easily displayed.

redwing

It is also possible to set this function for the column browser?

For example, such wrong genres could be easily displayed.

I don't think this supports column browser entries.
I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve, but also try highlighting feature (Preferences> Tags (2)).

adac

My idea is ...

A list of available genres in the column browser.
Genres that are not grouped (Preferences> Tags (2)) should be displayed in color.

example
Hip-Hop (Grouped)
Hip Hop (not grouped = colored)
Alternative (not grouped = colored)
Alternative Rock (Grouped)
etc.

Unfortunately, rules do not work in the column browser.

Maybe someone has a different idea, but it should be marked in the Column browser

As I said only one idea, if the implementation is not possible, then it is my problem. sorry for my bad English

redwing

How about creating an auto-playlist with a rule that "Genre Category" "has no value"?

adac

ok, thank you redwing.

I just fixed it over $ IsNull (<genre category>, 1,2).
That should be enough.