Author Topic: "Copy all metadata" command  (Read 6533 times)

redwing

Currently MB supports two kinds of "copy tags" command: Copy tags and artwork (Ctrl-C) & Copy tags, artwork, play count, rating.
How about adding a new command that copies all sorts of metadata saved either in the file or in the database?
Then the new command could help users to replace existing files with another format for multiple files that is not currently possible with "Replace files" feature.
So the copied metadata via the command should be complete enough to replace existing files: all file tags and all database metadata including playlists and specific settings under settings tab of tag editor, except RG tags, encoder tag and file properties.

frankz

+1 - Desperate to copy/paste Date Added, Play Count, Last Played, and playlist membership when replacing files in bulk.
Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 05:51:43 PM by frankz

kairos

+1

I ran into this issue when looking into upgrading existing MP3s in the database to FLAC. Doing it one file at a time takes too long even for one album, let alone dozens or more. It seems like the functionality is there except for being able to do more than one file at once, which seems like it shouldn't be that hard as long as the old and new files are tagged well enough to have matching artist/album/title information.

alec.tron

+1 (especially for the additional replace in playlist feature, although I'm not sure how that would work via metadata as it would effectively need to rewrite the playlist too (in m3u file format cases)... and also, to enable tag transfer for tags/metadata that isn't explicitly set as a custom tag in MB)

c.

Steven

• Administrator
For the next v3.2 update, the existing 2 copy tag commands now attempt to include any tags MB does not know about.
However for MP3 files, MB only attempts this with the TXXX/... tags. Other tags such as GEOB, ENCR, EQUA... or some invented unofficial 4 char tags  (eg. new ones that iTunes might invent) will not be included. The reason is because each type of tag can have its own format that MB does not know how to process
Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 05:35:06 PM by Steven

theta_wave

+1 - Desperate to copy/paste Date Added, Play Count, Last Played, and playlist membership when replacing files in bulk.
Additional Tagging and Reporting Tools has this feature for years now:

redwing

Additional Tagging and Reporting Tools has this feature for years now:

Date Added was added to the list very recently, and a lot of metadata are not possible to copy using any plugins such as playlist membership and various settings in tag editor settings tab. Also now MB supports copying tags unknown to MB which is not possible using plugins.

frankz

"All of it for Years!"

...or some of it since last week

LOL

boroda

actually native support is welcome because mb api has limited support for (arbitrary) tags.

theta_wave

"All of it for Years!"

...or some of it since last week

LOL
Don't care since I don't use the date added field.  Besides, I use mp3tag (and custom export settings) to transfer metadata from one format to another or just use the copy and paste function already included if I'm copying metadata between the same formats.  MP3tag doesn't copy Musicbee specific metadata including date added, play counts or last.fm likes, the latter two I've been using Additional Tagging Tools.  I never had much use for date added when it comes to upgrading or updating media formats when replacing particular albums.

Steven

• Administrator
There are 2 hotkey commands for copying tags. The 2nd one called "Copy tags, artwork, play counters and rating" actually already copies date-added