Author Topic: Steven: Do you do comission or hours based work for Musicbee, like Patreon style  (Read 2410 times)

antidoteyymbr

Just curious but if I had an idea and were willing to pay you to develop it, like in Patreon, or just through Paypal or whatever, if that something you are open to? Or are you focused on specific releases and fixes and features you are adding in?

phred

• Global Moderator
I think the OP is asking if Steven will accept payment to develop an idea the OP has. The OP doesn't state if the idea is related to MB or not, but in either case, I sense that Steven doesn't work like that.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

AvikB

I think the OP is asking if Steven will accept payment to develop an idea the OP has. The OP doesn't state if the idea is related to MB or not, but in either case, I sense that Steven doesn't work like that.
Oh i see. Yeah you are right, i highly doubt he would do that.

@OP why not share what you would like to see, maybe a plugin would be enough or if the idea benefits others maybe it can be added to MB in next major update or so.

antidoteyymbr

Yeah actually it was going to be more updates for the library statistics. File > Library > Show Library Statisics. Last.fm is great and all but I have a ton of hiccups with accuracy, and so I would love to have a full fledged stats and drill down pie chart style for my MB library which i trust the accuracy much more than last.fm!

AvikB

If there is API exposed for it, it should be easy to make a plugin for making charts.

Alsweider

Yeah actually it was going to be more updates for the library statistics. File > Library > Show Library Statisics. Last.fm is great and all but I have a ton of hiccups with accuracy, and so I would love to have a full fledged stats and drill down pie chart style for my MB library which i trust the accuracy much more than last.fm!
That would be very nice. The problem of Last.fm is they have to make sense of data from many sources and users can't have much control for technical reasons. If you have individual stats on your disk, you could have full control and correct tags however you wish, merge, dedupe and clean it for further use.

antidoteyymbr

I sort of want to bump this. Reason being, I am kind of over last.fm for a few different reasons. I think ideally I just want to see massive amounts of stats and see the same kinds of things last has but without the data tracking, errors, inaccuracies, etc.

I tried to "open" the musicbee library files as if it were an itunes xml to try and see if there was a way to put it into a SQL database or something. Didn't have any luck haha. I browsed the add ins available and none exactly seemed to work so well. I figure if the already existing show library statistics feature is there, it shouldn't be too much more to expand it from just showing those 5 or so artists and albums that it does now, and present the full data source in the same simple readable form.

I am just very much interested in stats and most last.fm users are too. I thought about switching to libre.fm but I feel like that defeats the purpose since it is just outsourcing the job. If last and libre can read the play counts and time stamps and everything from musicbee, then there should be a way to do it "in house" so to speak.

Steven if you do read this, let me know what you think and if it isn't something like hundreds or thousands of dollars to develop, i would be happy to commission it, or even do a crowdsource deal. Thanks so much!