Author Topic: How create a static playlist?  (Read 3471 times)

Nisko

I figured out how to set up a library.  Now, I am stuck on how to create a static playlist.  Please help!

Steven

• Administrator
there is a good write up on playlists in the wiki

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You can find the wiki from help or by following the link in my sig, but here's the playlists page: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Playlists
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Nisko

It's probably just me - but I feel like I'm chasing my tail getting started with MusicBee.  I want so much to use it - but I can't set up a simple static playlist.  It seems that I have to first fing this Navigator panel which is supposed to be on the far left.  In my MusicBee, the far left panel has a list of what looks like album covers.  I have accidentally stumbled on the Navigator window - but don't know how to get back there.  If possible, I would like the Navigator windows to remain in the left panel where I can see my Playlists.  In the center panel, I would like to see all my tunes (the entire library) so I can pick from the tunes and drag them to the stais playlists.  The Wiki is great at giving definitions - but I can't find and "how to" sections.  Once I can do what I'd like (above) I can experiment with the other features.  But I need to always get back to me 'safe' view.  Please help.

frankz

Just hover your mouse over the left side and the left sidebar will come up. Then click the pin at the top to keep it pinned.

You have to learn to pick around and experiment a little IMO.

Also, a pretty detailed layout configuration guide is, again, on the Wiki

http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Panels_Configuration#Panels_Configuration

Once you're up and running, feel free to update the Wiki with any information you'd find useful or relevant in whatever "how to" format you think would be most helpful.  Anyone can.
Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 11:45:38 PM by frankz

Nisko

Thanks for the - and please stick with me for a while.  I don't mind experimenting, but this app is very difficult for me (IMHO).  If I can pin the Navigator, I can then build the playlists I want.  But I can't find the Pin you refer to.  Exactly where is it and what does it look like?  Does it look like all other 'pins' I've seen on software?

I love the program - there are so many options and I want to become an expert - but I know it'll take time.

Thanks, Bob

sveakul

It only seems "hard" because it so configurable.

To pin the left sidebar when it auto-opens, look for the subdued "thumbtack" image that appears on the upper right corner.  Or, just open the Arrange Panels menu and choose to SHOW the left sidebar instead letting it auto-hide--choice is in lower right, or, if you access it via the Configure Layout icon to the left of Search at the top of the app, just find "Left Sidebar" on the menu and choose Show Panel.  Easy :)

Nisko

I'll be darned if I can find that subdued pin.  Here's a screenshot of what I'm looking at...........

Hope you can see this screenshot.

frankz

http://C:\2018-02-17_19-17-36.jpg

;D

Come on, man.  He  gave you thirty ways to do it.  Pick one.

Click this:

Then click this:
Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 01:47:29 AM by frankz

psychoadept

• Global Moderator

I'll be darned if I can find that subdued pin.  Here's a screenshot of what I'm looking at...........

Did you upload the screenshot somewhere? If it's on your hard drive we can't see it.  Try imgur.com.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
There is also these little buttons in the bottom corners:
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
There is also these little buttons in the bottom corners:

Although I think for a new install you have to turn those on?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
The default installation of musicbee has a tab already open for playlists. Just click the Playlists tab header and you will see the playlists.
There are many ways to build a playlist as described in the wiki.
One simple way is to select a file(s) in the music library/ right click/ Add to Playlist