Author Topic: Hybrid view Albums / Tracks  (Read 28785 times)

Steven

• Administrator
- Tab-specific layout doesn't remember the view setting.
the tab specific layout does not include the detailed settings of a view or custom view. I think i mentioned it previously and i also appreciate its a bit of a grey area/ potentially confusing.

So to implement what you want you need to create a custom view with that setting and apply the custom view to the tab layout

ost

i have included an iTunes like grid layout. It will be the default for new users. To use it, in the Album and Tracks view customisations, you now have a choice between "compact grid" and "detailed list" (what you would be using now)

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_2/MusicBee32_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing files

After this update Locate Playing Track at source stopped working.

And is it possible to made the same look for Various Artists in Album and Tracks (detailed list) too, please? I don't know how to set up it in Custom tags :/ (too dumb)

redwing

So to implement what you want you need to create a custom view with that setting and apply the custom view to the tab layout

It's working that way. Thanks!

Steven

• Administrator
After this update Locate Playing Track at source stopped working.
thats fixed now

ost

thats fixed now

Thanx a lot!!! What about Various Artists? Is there any chance?  :)

Steven

• Administrator
For instance, you show "Album" header in detailed view. But it's not necessary in compact view as it currently always shows it.
i dont want to have 2 sets of settings for the main grouping header, so do you think it would be useful to have the option to disable the Album header?
I will also include up to 3 configurable fields for the small line underneath the album header

redwing

do you think it would be useful to have the option to disable the Album header?

Yes, and the small line of header could be empty too? Then I'd like to show only track list at the right of the artwork with grouping header (which is the same as detailed view) above the artwork.

Steven

• Administrator
the album header rows can now be disabled, along with configurable fields for the 2nd line of the album header

redwing

Thanks! Now I can achieve the layout I wanted.
But why not allow to disable showing grouping header in compact view which is possible in detailed view?
Or at least it can respect the setting of detailed view.

Sizzlinol

I noticed that the Love field is set by default, but doesn't appear as such in the "Set Displayed Fields" window. Then, when you add it, it cannot be removed anymore.
Also, it overlays the Highlight field (which is also set by default, but doesn't appear so) as you can see below. Please also make them both optional for this view.

redwing

There's a track selection issue with a sub-grouping setting.
If "precede with a blank line" is not ticked, you can't select only first group (say disc 1) tracks without including disc 2 tracks on the left column (via shift+click selection).
If the option is ticked, it works. But if there are any tracks ungrouped by the setting (say no disc# tag), then shift-selection still selects other groups' tracks. But maybe this is expected by the nature of the setting.

Steven

• Administrator
could you post a screenshot as i am not having any issues (with or without the "precede with a blank line" ticked)

Steven

• Administrator

the "set displayed fields" dialog now works correctly with the new grid layout and you can now disable/enable: Track "Love" and "Highlight"
the main grouping header can now be disabled or just for playlists

redwing