Author Topic: Hybrid view Albums / Tracks  (Read 28757 times)

Steven

• Administrator
Try it with album cover view. Pressing up/down key jumps to another column.
pressing the up/down arrow keys without holding the shift key down goes to the next album, not to the next column.
Holding the shift key down does the same, except selects all tracks in-between

I am OK to make the up/down key follow the track order if thats what people prefer.

redwing

I was referring to track list in expanded panel. Pressing up/down key follows the track order in there, jumping to another column.

redwing

For navigating album covers in album view, maybe it could support all four arrow keys for each direction.

redwing

I just checked how iTunes works in album view.
It supports all four arrow keys for navigating albums. For track list, only left/right key jumps to another column.
I think MB could support all four keys for both views. So for track list, not just left/right keys but up/down keys too jump to another column, following the track order.

redwing

OK, disregard what I have said. I just found out my left/right keys were assigned as hotkeys.
Now I see MB is working the same as iTunes does.
Still it would be good pressing up/down key in track list could jump to another column.

Steven

• Administrator
i will change the Album & Tracks behavior to be more consistent with the Album Covers expanded panel

redwing

It now jumps to another column using up/down keys. Thanks!

gpzbc

I really like this view... but only in my main layout where I view my entire music library. I definitely don't like it when viewing playlists. How can I set it to only display the hybrid view when viewing my entire music library in the MUSIC tab?

EDIT:  I figured out that I can accomplish this with Custom Views. Thanks for implementing this!

doodlepapers

@Steven

I just experienced graphical glitches with the new layout. I'm not sure what caused it though. It seems like scrolling amplified the issue.

http://i.imgur.com/vORKMJY.jpg

Also, I restarted MB and it's gone now.

Steven

• Administrator
If you find a reason that causes it to be repeatable then let me know

vorward

If you find a reason that causes it to be repeatable then let me know

If you choose "do not show artwork for albums with less than 4 tracks" you can make this happen.

Steven

• Administrator
If you choose "do not show artwork for albums with less than 4 tracks" you can make this happen.
You must be referring to the older detail view, not this new grid view. But yes, it does look like a bug was introduced. This should fix it:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_2/MusicBee32_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee files