Author Topic: (Possible) Bug with Hotkeys  (Read 1686 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
Using 3.2.6604 I'm running into an issue with Hotkey assignment.

For years I've had GoldWave configured as the first external application under "Send To: External Application (selected files)[1]" and have assigned "Alt+G" to it. It's always worked fine. I'm now trying to set up CTRL+SHIFT (or any other combo) as a Hotkey for "Send To:  External Application (now playing)" but no matter what Hotkey I assign, GoldWave opens up. When I deleted GoldWave from Tools > External Application" and then assigned a Hotkey to the new app, MB throws an error stating "No external service has been configured..." Neither Hotkey is set as Global.

I have closed and restarted MB between changing Hotkeys. I have relocated GoldWave from the first position in the External Apps list. Nothing seems to allow "Send To:  External Application (now playing)" to be assigned a Hotkey that calls the desired app. All the "Send To: External App" tools that I have set up work as expected when doing a right-click > Send to, so why can't I assign a Hotkey to this one? I know it works because there's a recent thread where it discusses doing this...
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=23506.msg140229#msg140229

Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
its working fine here
"Send To:  External Application (now playing)" always sends to the configured external application

phred

• Global Moderator
Hmmm ... I've been playing with it some more in an attempt to figure out what's going on. I noticed that for my other two hotkey shortcuts to external tools, the hotkey appears next to the item in the right-click context menu. But with this new app, it never does. No matter what hotkey combo I assign. In the screenshot on the left you can see that the app for "send to: external app (now playing)" (which is Streamripper) is assigned to Alt+B. In the screenshot on the right, there's no hotkey shortcut showing.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
The right click context menus are intended for selected files. I dont want to get into an explanation of right clicking the player bar.
All you need to do is assign the first external tool setting the appropriate command and assign the hotkey for "Send To:  External Application (now playing)". Pressing that hotkey should invoke that command using the playing track

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks Steven. I now have it working now. But it's not as I expected. But it is indeed doing what I want, so I'm happy to leave things as they are.

In Tools I have re-ordered the three apps, with Streamripper in the number one slot, followed by Goldwave and Album Art Downloader.
In Hotkeys I have "Send To: External Application (now playing)" blank. And set up "Send To: External Application (selected files) 1, 2, & 3" to follow the sequence of what I have in Tools.
Using the hotkey for "Send To: External Application (selected files) [1]" does launch Streamripper with the 'now playing' track data being to Streamripper. And Streamripper rips the stream. So all is well.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki