Author Topic: Add to column "Most plays on Lastfm" when sorting music. This would be big.  (Read 1589 times)

memoria

Hi all! I've been scrobbling since 2006 and switched from winamp to musicbee because of some of the lastfm integration.

My brilliant idea: Sort music by Most plays on last.fm!

For example I could filter my massive library down to songs I've never played and then sort them by most played on lastfm. I would call this playlist "Top slept on hits" or "Buried treasure".

Next level would be "top plays on lastfm by the top 1000 users ranked most similar to me" which would filter down your entire library into songs that strongly correlate to songs you typically enjoy.

I think this would put the cream of the crop of your entire library right infront of you and then you could filter it down based on your mood/tempo/BPM/genre.

memoria

frankz: Maybe some of these would be helpful:

https://getmusicbee.com/addons/s/?q=last.fm&type=2

Yes they are great and I've dug real deep into each of them. The lastfm playlist generator is the most curious to me. I have attempted to make my "hidden treasure" playlist by creating a lastfm playlist with the plugin of a genre I like. I then feed that playlist into the auto-dj mixer programmed to only play songs with less than 1 play. This has produced EXCELLENT results.

The purpose of my original post is to kind of simplify this process as well as introduce the "sort songs by most played users who's listening habits match my own by user-definable-percentage. That idea Is actually taken from the website criticker which recommends movies to you based off the top 1000 users who have ranked films similarly to you.

Another way to approach this is to understand that I share my massive music library with my family (who don't  have an intimate relationship with all the albums I've purchased) which means sometimes they want to pull up my library, filter down a genre and decade and sample that hot fiya.