Author Topic: Can't Open Musicbee  (Read 1727 times)

bobbin

All of a sudden M won't open. When I try to open all I get is the starting icon which just stays there with nothing happening. I have done all the scans I know of to see if there is a virus with no sign of any infection. Tried downloading version from website to see if it would open with file opening process, however, still does the same..just freezes on start-up icon. Very reluctant to uninstall/reinstall as this will mean all my music will be reloaded under the one date (i.e. date files rescanned/reloaded) which I don't want to happen. Anyone have any ideas/thoughts  :(  on how to open M without need to uninstall/reinstall? Using version 3.1.

phred

• Global Moderator
Please search the forum. Whitelist MB in your security software
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

frankz

Very reluctant to uninstall/reinstall as this will mean all my music will be reloaded under the one date (i.e. date files rescanned/reloaded) which I don't want to happen.
What he said.  This has been discussed dozens of times.

Incidentally, what you've written above is not the case.  If you open your existing library with a new install, all of your data will be in tact.  Just don't delete your library.

bobbin

1) no option in my Bitdefender security software to search for 'whitelist MB!! what is 'whitelist MB'?

2) when you say open existing library with a new install, do you mean save the existing library folder before uninstall or scan files in from folder music is stored in? If the latter, this is where it adds music on the date  scanned.

frankz

1) no option in my Bitdefender security software to search for 'whitelist MB!! what is 'whitelist MB'?

2) when you say open existing library with a new install, do you mean save the existing library folder before uninstall or scan files in from folder music is stored in? If the latter, this is where it adds music on the date  scanned.

1) Dude, come on
2) I mean what I wrote - your library files, in whatever directory you have them, are separate from your installation. As long as you preserve your MusicBee library, your data will be preserved, and there is no reason to rescan your files.

But you don't need to uninstall, you just need to whitelist MB in your antivirus.  At most, you'll need to replace whatever MusicBee program files Bitdefender quarantined back to their original location or reinstall MusicBee and point it back at your library.
Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 06:05:02 AM by frankz