Author Topic: Compilations  (Read 1366 times)

mijas1999

Love MusicBee, just transferred over from "CrApple" iTunes. Just wondered if there is a way to play compilations specifically?
I have lots of "one off" songs set up with a compilation marker from iTunes which used to show as a separate item there but I cannot see them in MusicBee......

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
I have lots of "one off" songs set up with a compilation marker from iTunes which used to show as a separate item there but I cannot see them in MusicBee......

One of the Artist tags should contain "Various Artists" for compilations! If not, you could put "comp" or "single" in the "grouping" tag...then pick them out with an auto-playlist.

Regard: Fred  ;)
Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 07:06:52 PM by Fred Barker [DIVERSITY FM]

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Love MusicBee, just transferred over from "CrApple" iTunes. Just wondered if there is a way to play compilations specifically?

It depends on whether they're tagged with an album artist.  As Fred says, compilations may be tagged with a "Various Artists" album artist, in which case you can use that.  MusicBee also has special handling for the iTunes Compilation tag (which can be set on the Settings tab of the Tag Editor), if there is no Album Artist.  Look in Sorting/Grouping preferences to see a default Album Artist value for tracks with the compilation tag set.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)