Author Topic: Major reorganisation task  (Read 1319 times)

HairyFool

Over 15 years of upgrading computer and drive music files are dotted around various disks

Is there a way to scan the disks, find music tracks move them to a separate drive using a Artist\Disk\Album\Track_Title layout.

Here comes the but.....

Find Missing tag information

Remove duplicates or for safety use a separate rule as to handling failures.

The sound signature tool seems to have problems. i.e. Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds (The Beatles) is not recognised but others from the same album are.

KhoMagic

I'm doing some of the same things...I've been importing music from various CD's I put the CD in, compare what is on the CD vs. already in my computer, import what I need then fix the tags so they aren't stuck in "Unknown Album" hell.  It's a tedious process.  Music Bee and Media Monkey are helpful in some ways, but some of the look up tools in Media Monkey don't seem to work with Windows 10 Creative.

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
Check out MusicBrainz and MusicBrainz Picard. Not exactly turnkey, but you might find it worth your while.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

redwing

Is there a way to scan the disks, find music tracks move them to a separate drive using a Artist\Disk\Album\Track_Title layout.

I'll quote the last section of the guide:

How to consolidate library
If your music files are scattered across different folders and you want to make copies of them when imported, then you will really miss iTunes' consolidate library feature. But it can be easily done with MB if you use the context menus of computer node properly.

As the screenshot shows, computer node can display only selected folders if you choose and enable filtered folder option. Also it can show all files from sub-folders in the main panel by enabling "Include file from sub-folders" option. Using these options you can filter all music files scattered on your drive to the main panel. And then select those files> Send to> Folder (copy) to one of the monitored folders.

Since you're moving, not copying, your files, use Send to> Folder (move)> Move Files to Organized Folder command with a naming template you want.