Author Topic: Converting wma to mp3  (Read 8727 times)

redwing

still it does not let me install patch 32.

I really have no idea what you're doing. There's no installing with 3.2. You installed 3.1. And unzipped the 3.2 patch to somewhere. It only has MusicBee.exe file inside it. Overwrite the existing MusicBee.exe file in the MB 3.1 folder with that unzipped 3.2 exe file. Now run that 3.2 exe file. Still not working?

tom white

I have a Sony walkman it takes mp3's not wma........./quote]

I have two Walkman players, both of which can use WMA. Did they change the acceptable  file types recently?

Bentley

still it does not let me install patch 32.

I really have no idea what you're doing. There's no installing with 3.2. You installed 3.1. And unzipped the 3.2 patch to somewhere. It only has MusicBee.exe file inside it. Overwrite the existing MusicBee.exe file in the MB 3.1 folder with that unzipped 3.2 exe file. Now run that 3.2 exe file. Still not working?
In the past 25 years I have never had trouble updating or adding a patch so why I can not get this to work is unknown. The 32 patch I have it is in the folder with all of MB's files I have unzipped it and opened and click on the musicbee.exe inside of the folder of musicbee32_patched. I still get the same message "MusicBee Startup Error
Unable to start MusicBee due to missing files. If you have installed a patch version, you need to unzip the patch zip file to a writeable folder and then copy the unzipped files, replacing the ones where MusicBee is installed."
Maybe there is a different way of running this patch that I am not aware of. There is 390 files in 39 folders for MusicBee does it look like I might 'bee' missing some files? You mention to overwrite 3.2 over 3.1 file I never seen anything like this in patching of any programs I have done, you just run the patch all is done I never have to overwrite anything. I totally am lost to run the patch.

Bentley

I have a Sony walkman it takes mp3's not wma........./quote]

I have two Walkman players, both of which can use WMA. Did they change the acceptable  file types recently?
Yes you are right I haven't uploaded anything to it since I bought it years ago.

phred

• Global Moderator
might 'bee' missing some files? You mention to overwrite 3.2 over 3.1 file I never seen anything like this in patching of any programs I have done, you just run the patch all is done I never have to overwrite anything. I totally am lost to run the patch.
I don't understand why you're having so much trouble. It seems that you're simply not following the instructions.
- Open the zip file.
- Drag musicbee.exe to the folder WHERE YOUR CURRENT INSTALLATION IS.
- Allow the new exe to overwrite the old one.
- Run MB.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Bentley

I will give this a try this I have never had to do in the past. I opened the unzipped file dragged it to MusicBeesetup_3_1_Update1 folder and nothing other than it is in that folder. As I have said in all the years I have never done what you writing about so I am totally lost. Patches or updates I always click the exe file and all is done by it self so the steps you show is all new to me. I feel like this is the first time I have used a computer.

phred

• Global Moderator
I will give this a try this I have never had to do in the past. I opened the unzipped file dragged it to MusicBeesetup_3_1_Update1 folder
I will only say this one more time and then I will give up. YOU ARE NOT FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS.
- Drag musicbee.exe to the folder WHERE YOUR CURRENT INSTALLATION IS.
- Allow the new exe to overwrite the old one.
- Run MB.

You keep saying you've never had to apply a patch this way before, which would imply that you've never patched MB before. Because this is the way it's been done for years.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Bentley

Why are you mad I have done what you said to the letter so it does not work for me. This dragging the unzipped 3.2 exe patch in to the installed 3.1.6512 version's folder does not overwrite it why would it? To run the patch it is an exe file you click it and it does it's thing, that's how hundreds of exe files I have run over the past few decades work. I have never patched MusicBee before I have only just installed it a few weeks ago. I truly am an idiot because I totally do not get it, to drag a exe file to a folder does not do anything it just puts a shortcut of the file to where you drag it there is no overwriting. It is to bad I have donated money to something I can not update, I wasted my money.

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
I opened the unzipped file dragged it to MusicBeesetup_3_1_Update1 folder and nothing other than it is in that folder..
You don't seem to have followed Phred's instructions to the letter, try this method:-

You need to COPY the file musicbee.exe FROM the folder MusicBeesetup_3_1_Update1
and PASTE it into your Musicbee folder on the C: drive, so that it OVERWRITES the OLD copy of musicbee.exe with the one from the MusicBeesetup_3_1_Update1 folder.

Regards Fred
Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 10:34:15 AM by Fred Barker [DIVERSITY FM]

Bentley

I thankyou for trying to help me but this is totally not working for me and I am sorry I am stupid. I am hopeless because copy musicbee.exe and paste into Musicbee folder (mine is on D drive but that is besides the point) just does that pastes it it does not do anything as before why would it unless you click it to run it. Yes all files are in the folder on the D drive none else where I did a search they are all in the one folder. I am way out of my legue on this because it must be new way of running an exe file because copy/paste in my years means that, copy/paste not execute or overwrite. I have to go back to school or use Google Play because MusicBee is great but up and coming patches/updates are done different from any app I have incountered ever so it is a dead end. Again I thankyou for your time I is stupid.

Bentley

Oh by the way you write about OLD copy of musicbee.com is that the initial app because if it is I only have the version from the site https://getmusicbee.com/downloads/  get MusicBee installer I clicked on then once loaded I unzipped all zip files. If I need the musicbee.com where do you get it?

frankz

The patch isn't an installer, it is a replacement for the MusicBee executable. The file itself is MusicBee, not an installer for MusicBee.

redwing

So you thought just clicking on 3.2 exe would take care of everything? Maybe for other apps, but not for MB.

Let me put it this way. You're done installing 3.1. Then delete MusicBee.exe from the MB program folder. And copy or move the unzipped MusicBee.exe (3.2) to the folder. Make sure you now have only one MusicBee.exe in MB program folder which is the unzipped 3.2. Now run the 3.2 exe file. Let me know if it works.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
I am way out of my legue on this because it must be new way of running an exe file because copy/paste in my years means that, copy/paste not execute or overwrite. I have to go back to school or use Google Play because MusicBee is great but up and coming patches/updates are done different from any app I have incountered ever so it is a dead end. Again I thankyou for your time I is stupid.
Not stupid Bentley, but definately a little confused.
Because this is a patch - not an update - double-clicking on the exe does not install MusicBee.  
In this case it is only a new version of the program that actually makes MB work.
As the others have said you need to copy/paste the MusicBee.exe file into your MusicBee installation folder.
If you don't get a pop-up window asking you for confirmation to "Replace the file in the destination" then you are doing it wrong (unless, of course, you have done what redwing suggested and deleted the original MusicBee.exe first).

When 3.2 is released offically, then you would double-click on the .exe (as you normally do) as this will be an update.
It will contain an installer and will work as you currently expect it to.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

redwing

If I need the musicbee.com where do you get it?

You mean the original MusicBee.exe? Usually you don't need it anymore.
If a new patch has some issue, you can go back to one of previous patches, assuming you have downloaded latest patches from the same web address.

If you really need the original one, you can always run the installer again, either for standard or portable installation.