Author Topic: Problems with a Virtual Tag [SOLVED 2018-02-01]  (Read 1718 times)

Pingaware

I have a virtual tag that's worked absolutely fine for a few years. However, it now returns varied results and isn't returning everything it should - it's only getting down to artists beginning with G for some reason when I search for files which return a positive result on the virtual tag. If I refresh using F5, I get different selections of tracks, including sometimes everything starting with G. Is this a problem with my virtual tag or an introduced bug since I was last heavily using MB?

The virtual tag formula is below. A similar virtual tag, also shown below (I'm not sure at the moment why both of these exist - there's a chance I've got some bizarre duplication in my sorting somewhere) produces similarly weird search results.

$If($And($If($Or(<Complete Album>="Duplicate",<Complete Album>="Soundtrack"),Yes,No)="No",$If($And($If($Or(<Album Complete?>="Y",<Complete Album>="Yes"),Yes,No)="Yes",$If($Or($Contains(<Release Type>,Album)="T",$Contains(<Release Type>,E.P.)="T"),Yes,No)="Yes"),Yes,No)="Yes"),Yes,)

$If($And($If($Or(<Album Complete?>="Y",<Complete Album>="Yes"),Yes,)="Yes",$If($Or(<Release Type>="Album",<Release Type>="E.P."),Yes,)="Yes"),Yes,)

And here's a GIF showing the problem. Note the changing values in the number of albums in the column browser.

EDIT: GIF removed for space saving reasons.
Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 12:19:45 AM by Pingaware
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

Pingaware

I updated to the 3.1 build you released on Boxing Day (3.1.6569) a few days ago and the recorded behaviour was present there. Didn't realise 3.2 had a branch yet. But just tried with the latest builds from both branches and it's still producing the same behaviour.

Steven

• Administrator
i think the only way i can solve it is if you send me a zip of the following files:
MusicBee3Settings.ini
MusicBeeLibrary.mbl which is in the root music folder

Steven

• Administrator
thanks for sending the files.
I am a bit confused by everything you are saying and the gif file.
Firstly the only virtual tag i see in the gif is:
Decade (V) = $Left(<Original Release Year (V)>,3)0s
So i am not sure why the formula you mentioned is relevant - is it used in a filter you might be using?

Album Complete (V) = $If($And($If($Or(<Complete Album>="Duplicate",<Complete Album>="Soundtrack"),Yes,No)="No",$If($And($If($Or(<Album Complete?>="Y",<Complete Album>="Yes"),Yes,No)="Yes",$If($Or($Contains(<Release Type>,Album)="T",$Contains(<Release Type>,E.P.)="T"),Yes,No)="Yes"),Yes,No)="Yes"),Yes,)

Also the gif shows the results of a search - how did you perform the search and which tab did you search from?

Needless to say i havent been able to reproduce any issues so far.

Pingaware

That's a bugger. The search window didn't display in the GIF which makes it pretty worthless to show the actual issue.

The GIF should have started with showing me starting a custom search for Album Complete (V) = Yes. When the displayed albums in the main panel change for the first time, that's when the search has just been initiated for the first time. Every time the value next to All in the Album column browser changes, that's when I've refreshed the search by pressing F5.

I don't think such a search used to change the displayed albums when pressing F5, but it does now.

I was doing the search in a filter, but I just tried it in an unfiltered view of my library and got the same result.

Hopefully that's a bit clearer now.

Steven

• Administrator
i can easily reproduce this now and its fixed for the next update. I will post a link later

Pingaware

Confirmed as fixed. Thanks as ever Steven!