Author Topic: What Are The Best Portable Device for MusicBee?  (Read 4702 times)

7GS

I have been using MB for some time and have found it absolutely amazing.

However I have really struggled finding a portable device to work with, with my MTP AK70 being an unsatisfactory experience.

I am really looking for a device that can

1. Perform 2 way syncing of play counts (essential)

2. Can recognise adjustments made to the start/end time of the song on MB

3. Can support external storage - such as Micro SD cards - as I have lots of songs in my library

4. Can support having songs in multiple genre categories

Any help you could give me would be really appreciated.

ma_t14

What kind of headphones are you going to be pairing it with? I have heard some good things about the Fiio line of music players in the past but in my opinion unless you will be using some really high impendence headphones most of the time that will actually benefit from the more powerful amplifier you are much better off using a smartphone instead.

Something like the LG V20/V30 which are geared towards audiophiles and are known to have better dacs/amps than your usual smartphone are bound to give you a much better experience compared to the glitchy mess these "audiophile" players usually are and definitely better bang for the buck for what you get in return. And also you can rest assured that you won't have issues with MusicBee interoperability.
Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 11:40:15 AM by ma_t14

7GS

I have quite high end Sennheiser headphones.

I am mostly interested in functionality, I have an AK70 (MTP) player at the moment, but it is unable to do 2-way syncing of song plays. 

ma_t14

Syncing play counts is inherently difficult unless you use a service such as last.fm (which is supported by MusicBee). There has already been some discussion about this on the forums and as far as I can recall no players use the MTP specification for playcounts making syncing impossible.

Alumni

3. Can support external storage - such as Micro SD cards - as I have lots of songs in my library

In my experience MusicBee's support for SD card storage is not 100% there yet, I got it work but it required a work-around.

Electrorocker

you are much better off using a smartphone instead.

But i am looking for a music player NOT a smartphone

daibaron

In my experience MusicBee's support for SD card storage is not 100% there yet, I got it work but it required a work-around.

yes you have to manually set internal storage or external storage depending on your needs.
"Send to device" will use what you've previously setup.