Author Topic: Musicbee doesn't start (since previous latest update?)  (Read 2157 times)

e-motiv

For some weeks I haven't been able to start Musicbee. I ignored it until today.
This may have been happening since the previous update, but I'm not sure.
- So, I updated to the latest update, but no improvement. Still can't start.
Strange thing is, it doesn't even come up shortly on a process monitor.. (Or the monitor misses it because it crashes quite fast?)
- I uninstalled MB and installed the official release again. After filling in the first required options, it started fine.
  Then I updated with the latest update (MusicBee_Setup_3_1_6512.exe), and it happens again. Refuses to start.

This is the only line in Error Log in %appdata%:

14/12/2017 14:11:02 - C:\Users\r_u_b\Music\Music\:Thread was being aborted.
(That's my music folder with the music files. The one I gave after reinstalling for scanning, though I pressed cancel as to scan later.)

Not sure how I can provide more information.
Thanks for any help.
  Developing @ e-motiv.net       --       Musicbee plugins: Speak Back - Ghost Tracks - Radio Dig

phred

• Global Moderator
Search the forum. It's been asked many times.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

olhupp

After the recent windows 10 fall creators update MusicBee stopped starting. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the newest version and it will not start from the start menu or by trying to start directly from the .exe file. The only time it starts is after installing the program. It then starts but will not start again from the start menu. This is the only program that has this problem.

insta;lled Music Bee version 3.1.6512.37408
Windows 10 1709 build 16299.125

Steven

• Administrator

olhupp

Okay, I have found a way to get the program to start. I went into the MusicBee.exe file Properties and under the Compatibility folder, I checked the block to run in compatibility with Windows 8. Once that is done it will start from the startup menu. :)  :)