Author Topic: Cant use Stitcher Premium RSS feeds for podcasts.  (Read 4620 times)

musiclistener

Im using the Unofficial RSS Feeds for Stitcher so I can listen to the archives of Comedy Bang Bang. Signed up for an account on Stitcher but amazingly they dont offer any RSS feeds, so someone developed an unofficial RSS site for all the shows on Stitcher. When I log in and copy the URL that site gives me, then goto Musicbee to add a subscription link I immediately get an exclamation icon and an error saying Unable to Verify validity of url - the remote server returned an error 401 unauthorized.

edit: Just tried adding the URL in itunes on my macbook and it works. But I usually use my PC and Musicbee is my preferred player for music/podcasts. I suppose I could download the eps via itunes then copy them over to musicbee.
Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 04:29:15 AM by musiclistener

musiclistener

Ok figured it out. You have to remove the username/password (which are represented as numbers for some reason) from the url, and add the user/pass (again as numbers, why I have no idea) into the seperate login fields.

That said if anyone is thinking of signing up for Stitcher premium I would recommend a hard NO. The episode descriptions unlike the free official feed for Earwolf shows are unnumbered and dont contain guests in the titles making it near impossible to find what you want.