Author Topic: Issues with installation on new computer (with music files + settings imported)  (Read 2384 times)

iristwirl

I installed MusicBee (3.1.6512) on a new computer yesterday, copying in my settings I'd backed up from my previous computer's musicbee installation - there was no AppData folder set up by the new MB installation, but when I named the folder of previous settings AppData and copied it into the installation folder on the new computer, I found MB had successfully taken on all the settings without complaint.

I then pointed MB to scan a folder on the new computer I have all my music files in, and it again entered everything into a library without issue.

However, I have two issues that are happening everytime I launch MB:

- The first is MB telling me I need to select a library to continue upon starting the program (despite the fact I do not have "always prompt for library selection when MusicBee starts up" turned on. (It suggests paths that I've used at two different points for the library on the previous computer, if that's at all relevant). I point it to the .mbl file that the installation's made on the new computer each time.... it still makes the same request upon startup.

- The second is even though all my files have artwork embedded within the music files (which I can still view and interact with Artwork tab in the Edit dialog, and which displays in the Track Information panel on the Right Sidebar), the Main Panel itself displays the albums as if they have no cover art.

Does anyone know what could be causing either/both of these?

redwing

I don't understand this part.

there was no AppData folder set up by the new MB installation

Whether it's standard or portable installation, it should have the folder (though in different location) where you could copy your previous settings. Which one did you install?

iristwirl

I don't understand this part.

there was no AppData folder set up by the new MB installation

Whether it's standard or portable installation, it should have the folder (though in different location) where you could copy your previous settings. Which one did you install?

Standard installation (Version 3.1.6512, as previously mentioned)

redwing

Then it will be under C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee folder.
If you use Windows Explorer, you will need to enable show hidden files/folders option in File Explorer Options to see it.
Then copy your previous settings to that folder except Internal Cache folder. After restart, if you point to your current library it should work afterwards.

iristwirl

Then it will be under C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee folder.
If you use Windows Explorer, you will need to enable show hidden files/folders option in File Explorer Options to see it.
Then copy your previous settings to that folder except Internal Cache folder. After restart, if you point to your current library it should work afterwards.

Yep, it's solved both issues. Thanks!