Author Topic: Deleting files from MB library only  (Read 1190 times)

Bentley

I moved album in windows explorer, then MB could not find it to play and I tried to find a way in MB to find it in it's new location by right clicking on the song and do a search 'Locate in windows explorer' and it did nothing. If this would of opened windows explorer I could of selected where the file was and all should of been good but no luck. So I deleted it in MB via right click delete and selected 'Delete from library only' then I was going to reimport the album back into MB and what did I find nothing it deleted it from the computer also, what! It did not even put it in the garbage can so it is gone. The issue is why did it delete from computer? I sure am glad it was only one album so I won't punch the computer.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
Nah
I moved album in windows explorer, then MB could not find it to play...
You moved it somewhere that MB couldn't find it, so when you deleted it from MB - it was only removed it from MB.

Do a search of your drives in Windows file explorer.  You have moved the album to a new location.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

frankz

I moved album in windows explorer, then MB could not find it to play and I tried to find a way in MB to find it in it's new location by right clicking on the song and do a search 'Locate in windows explorer' and it did nothing. If this would of opened windows explorer I could of selected where the file was and all should of been good but no luck. So I deleted it in MB via right click delete and selected 'Delete from library only' then I was going to reimport the album back into MB and what did I find nothing it deleted it from the computer also, what! It did not even put it in the garbage can so it is gone. The issue is why did it delete from computer? I sure am glad it was only one album so I won't punch the computer.

How could MusicBee possibly delete it from the computer if it couldn't find it in the first place?

Bentley

Reply to myself.
I found the file had moved from my music file in windows explorer to Musicbee music file within my music file of windows explorer which I had not expected. I thought it would done like Adobe Lightroom where the files don't move it just makes a catalogue and retrieves files from original location when needed. Yes a newbie mistake.