Author Topic: Help getting rid of multi-value fields  (Read 927 times)

Phaedrus

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 118
I'm weeding through my library and I've found some albums which have multiple disc numbers separated with a semicolon. I'm sure these came over from Media Monkey, but now I'm stuck with them here, and I'd like to sort through them individually, because I've also noticed that these tracks / albums have some other weirdness as well. They are also inconsistent in that it is not always the first value which is correct.

I'm trying to come up with an auto-playlist which contains tracks which contain a semicolon. There is no option for "Contains" for Disc# or Track#, which seems reasonable. I tried "Any Field" contains ";" but that shows me any track with a "multi-value" value for a field, including "Genre."

Any ideas on how to create this list? I'm trying to avoid manual playlists because they are inconvenient when sorting through groups of songs to fix tags,
Dell Inspiron, i5, 16GB, 256GBSSD
Windows 11 Preview
MusicBee 3.5.8698, standard install on C:\
Library on External drive;
316,670 Tracks; 19,145 Albums; 4900.47GB; 918d 3:08

Topping D10 32bit 384 kHz USB DAC
O2 Headphone Amplifier
beyerdynamic DT770M 80 ohm
Crossfade M-100 Master Over-Ear

redwing

  • Guest
You could create a virtual tag something like "<Disc#>-<Track#>", then you could use "contains" for the tag.

Phaedrus

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 118
Brilliant!

I forget about the power virtual tag. Thanks.
Dell Inspiron, i5, 16GB, 256GBSSD
Windows 11 Preview
MusicBee 3.5.8698, standard install on C:\
Library on External drive;
316,670 Tracks; 19,145 Albums; 4900.47GB; 918d 3:08

Topping D10 32bit 384 kHz USB DAC
O2 Headphone Amplifier
beyerdynamic DT770M 80 ohm
Crossfade M-100 Master Over-Ear