Author Topic: Improve "Remove tags" dialog  (Read 1301 times)

redwing

Recently I had a chance to use "Remove Tags" command very often and have two suggestions.

- Most of the time people will use the second command "Remove specific tags". How about moving it up and move the dangerous command "Remove all tags" down with a little more space"?

- You have to tick either of the two options every time the dialog opens. Why not have "Remove specific tags" already ticked when it opens? The user still have to choose specific tags, so it won't cause any issues while further ensuring the other option won't get accidentally chosen.
Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 07:50:38 AM by redwing

maettu

Major:
When multiple files are selected, the "remove specific tags" selection seems to only contain those tags which are apparent in all files. Given I have selected 1000 files, I'd prefer that all apparent tags are contained, something like:
TRCK (track#) (1000 files)
POPM (Rating) (66 files)

Background:
I accidentally stored the rating tag in some of my files, and again want to remove them. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem possible to show the file contained rating tag (not the database content) in the browser columns. And, unfortunately, the "Remove Tags" dialog doesn't allow to remove such partially contained tag throughout all files, i.e. throughout those files that contain the tag.

Minor:
Rewrite "Remove Tags" to "Remove Tags..." to emphasize that a dialog opens and lets the user set more options. Currently, it looks as if "Remove Tags" immediately does something, which is typically not what a users wants.

Steven

• Administrator
for the next v3.2 i have made the changes suggested by redwing. As the the request from maettu, MB only takes a sample of max 64 files of the selected files to determine the tag population due to the time it takes to load files to determine which tags are present, so it wont be possible to implement this request. I have changed the menu item to "Remove Tags..."