Author Topic: A plugin to be able to use foobar2000 / AIMP VU-meters  (Read 5615 times)

hiccup

This idea is very likely to be nipped in the bud because of insuperable differences in programming languages, but I thought to throw it in anyway:

There are a lot of very nice VU meters for foobar2000, and they work really well and responsive.
It would be fantastic if someone would be able to create a plugin to make these VU meter .bin files usable in MusicBee.

To give an impression of some available designs:

Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 09:02:26 AM by hiccup

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
+1

Would also like, share the pessimism regarding the likelihood of implementation, also share the hope that it could happen.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

frankz

phred

• Global Moderator
+1
Download the latest MusicBee v3.3 patch from here.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.4 beta patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
Check out the MusicBee Wiki.
How to post screenshots is here

hiccup

It looks like Aimp users have found a way to convert these foobar .bin files to make them usable in Aimp.

http://www.aimp.ru/forum/index.php?topic=52865.0

But my Russian is even worse than my Tuyuca, so maybe it's not just some 'simple' conversion.
Maybe Aimp is using a similar programming language as foobar2000, maybe they just used the image files as a starting point for their own VU meters. I really have no clue.
Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 12:52:15 AM by hiccup

hiccup

Since there seems to be some fresh interest and possibly some room for different ways of volume displaying, allow me to bump this request.

phred

• Global Moderator
Indeed! I'll give this a second +1.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.3 patch from here.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.4 beta patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
Check out the MusicBee Wiki.
How to post screenshots is here