Author Topic: Set a sound volume limit  (Read 2436 times)

daibaron

Hi There,

I have an audio setup which is really power full and can damage hearing.
Right now i'm using the Airplay plug in
I'd like to know if i can set a sound volume limit to make sure i can't go over the limit and preserve my hearing.
can i also make the sound volume control bar bigger with more steps ?

regards
Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 03:00:15 PM by daibaron

daibaron

My audio setup has different sound profiles depending on what i am using... DLNA / Airplay / Blutooth/ Wifi...

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
Sure. Set the volume on the device that makes the noise to zero, max out the volume on MB, then turn up the volume up on the device that makes the noise until it's as loud as you ever want it to be.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

daibaron

Hi, thanks my devices has no control on it... it's only done via an app.
depending on the profile the audio volume is never the same.. and i can't set a value that will change... and when it gets back to the previous profile the value is set back to default.
the amp is like 4500 Watts
all i need is to make sure that MB volume control can't go above X
that could be useful in a next version go be able to limit MB to a strict value.
When you use Airplay  / DLNA sometimes the Upnp control won't work... this causing the speaker play too loud to listen to.
for instance 50% on the control bar on music bee is already to much
Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 12:02:07 PM by daibaron

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
I'd be surprised if your 4500 watt amp didn't have a gain pot for each channel specifically for this reason, if nothing else they will be on the back of the amp and you'll need a screwdriver to adjust them. But, I've been wrong before. The solution to an amp with no gain control is to add a passive preamp between your DAC and your amp. For passive preamps, look at something like the Schiit Sys if you're running RCA interconnects or the Nobsound Mini if you need XLR connections. I own the Schiit product, two actually, and they give no troubles.

If you're still confused, please list your entire audio chain starting with how the audio leaves your computer and ending with the model of your amplifier. Be specific.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)

daibaron

Hi thanks for the time and the effort to understand me ... (lucky you my ugly accent is not included this this post)
My speaker is a Phantom gold... it's control via an app.
Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 02:31:48 PM by daibaron

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
I'm not familiar with that unit or its app. But, if setting levels on the app for each profile isn't possible, I'd recommend contacting the app developer. Otherwise, you can add a request to the Wishlist forum here for a max volume setting.