Author Topic: Skinning Requests for 3.2  (Read 50079 times)

Steven

• Administrator
- It also doesn't work with custom skins having track text over progress bar (e.g. Dark Green Bee) in that first line doesn't show up. For now this setting doesn't work properly with any of my custom skins.
the first wont be supported.
i take that back, i will have a look at adding support this

So it looks like custom skins still need to be initially created with enough panel height to work well with multiple line setting.
But then it can't show the single line. Are you gonna support this, or it has to be a separate version?
I dont think you need to add extra space for it to work well. In the cotton-skin case its the way your specified the layout for the track text using verticalcenter. You can see there is plenty of height available but the centering messes up the adjustments MB applies. There are other reasons for other skins, so thats why i would rather you tell MB how much extra to adjust the y position.

"But then it can't show the single line" - i dont understand this comment unless its in relation to the Dark Green Bee skin

redwing

OK, I got it. Just created a custom skin with enough panel height but with no <multiLine="true"> attribute. With the new setting PlayerMultilineSupported enabled, this seems to support the both options.
But the track text gets placed a bit higher than when <multiLine="true"> is used. I'll try to tweak the skin code to see if it can achieve proper spacing without the attribute.

redwing

its the way your specified the layout for the track text using verticalcenter. You can see there is plenty of height available but the centering messes up the adjustments MB applies.

Changed the code using trackinfopanel top and now it works fine. Thanks!

redwing

- Try with Cotton skin and notice the second line, when it's long, overlaps with track position on the right unlike the first line.

- When it starts scrolling, the left alignment is not respected with PlayerInfoCentered not set. Compare when it scrolls with when not.

Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 10:56:52 PM by redwing

Steven

• Administrator
- Try with Cotton skin and notice the second line, when it's long, overlaps with track position on the right unlike the first line.

- When it starts scrolling, the left alignment is not respected with PlayerInfoCentered not set. Compare when it scrolls with when not.
the first is fixed for the next update
for the second, i have always known that there is a 3px left text padding for standard font sizes that causes the non-scrolling position to look like its 3px to the right of when scrolling is in progress. Infact i now have a partial solution. But the difference in your case is 5px, so can you confirm you are using a large font? I dont think whether centering is used should make any difference

redwing

I was using 12pt but default size made no differences.
It's PlayerSplitProgressTextFarAlign setting that adds 2 more px. If that setting is off, it's always 3px regardless of font size.

Steven

• Administrator
The padding for 12pt is 4px.
In any case the scrolling text display should now show in the same apparent position as the static text display, and the static text display position is the same as older versions ie. 3/4px offset from the exact track text panel bounds

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip

redwing

The second line is still centered with PlayerInfoCentered not set.

redwing

In any case the scrolling text display should now show in the same apparent position as the static text display, and the static text display position is the same as older versions ie. 3/4px offset from the exact track text panel bounds

With PlayerSplitProgressTextFarAlign set, now default font size shows 1px of padding while 12pt shows no padding. I can live with this.

Steven

• Administrator
should be fixed now

redwing

Now Cotton skin looks like this:

Code
<left relativeTo="TrackRating.Right" offset="18"  />
<right relativeTo="ProgressBar.Right" offset="-20" />

redwing

should be fixed now

Thanks! But the second line seems 1px off.

Steven

• Administrator
it will depend on the fonts used, but this is accomodated for now

redwing

Thanks! Cotton skin's center alignment issue is not fixed yet.

Steven

• Administrator