Author Topic: How to Export M3U/M3U8 Playlists To Folder?  (Read 9584 times)

codeslayer2010

Hey there Steven!

I'm a first-time poster here, so not sure if this is a feature request or something that already exists.

I love MusicBee and have a question about functionality. What I'm trying to do I would expect to be a very simple and common feature of most digital music players, yet it is not. I don't know if only OCD and highly organized individuals require this feature, but for whatever reason, it is absent from most music players and organizers I've found. Here is what I'm trying to do:

Given that I have a playlist of MP3 files, which are organized alphabetically in separate folders, I would like to export a MusicBee playlist to a folder.

So, when I choose "Export Playlist To >" I can pick a folder and then every song that is in my playlist will be copied from that song's current location to the new location. To be clear: this is a "Copy" function, NOT a move.

QUESTIONS:

1) Does this already exist and if how can I get it to work?

Thanks!

Any help is appreciated.

phred

• Global Moderator
It does indeed exist...

Preferences > Library > playlists > exported playlists and set up your parameters.
Then right-click on a playlist and select export playlist.

Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

frankz

It does indeed exist...

Preferences > Library > playlists > exported playlists and set up your parameters.
Then right-click on a playlist and select export playlist.

Not to speak for OP, but I think he wants to export the files in the playlist to a folder, not the actual playlist itself.

If I am correct in my assumption OP, to do this you'll want to open/view the playlist in "Tracks" view in the MB Playlist Explorer, select all the files in the playlist at the right, and then right click -> Send To -> Folder (Copy) -> Copy Files To Folder.  This will copy all of the music files from that playlist to a folder of your choosing.

codeslayer2010

Hi frankz!

That is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks for your prompt response :)