Author Topic: Musicbee will not delete files from music folder  (Read 3378 times)

foxwelljsly

I'm viewing my library in the music tab. When I click on a track and select 'delete from library and computer' a dialogue box pops up saying 'n tracks not deleted', where n is the number of tracks I've selected. The tracks remain undeleted on the computer.

My music is stored on an external USB drive and I assume this is some sort of permissions problem, other than that, I'm none the wiser.

I have not yet enabled auto-organise as I don't know how this will treat files with tagging errors.

I have a workaround (monitor folder and delete files in window explorer) but I would like to fix the problem that is preventing me from deleting files using the MB GUI.

any suggestions?

cheers

redwing

Any messages in the error log about that?
Also try running MB as an admin to see if it's a permission issue.

foxwelljsly

Vehat

Did you ever figure it out? I didn't have this problem before, but now it won't go away!

sveakul

What is your version of MusicBee (always update to latest first), what is your OS, does your music folder and/or files have read-only permissions set,  are you running MusicBee as an Administrator, have you whitelisted the entire MusicBee folder in any and all antivirus applications-- that's what we need to know for starters.

rudolph

Having the same problem. Deleting files from 'musicbee and computer' and it's not showing up in recycle bin.

I wasted 30 mins on deleting duplicated and later looked at recycle bin - it's empty.. I refreshed Musicbee and it showed that all those songs were added back.

Also when going to the folder of these songs and trying to delete files that have been played 1 or 2 songs back shows that it's still being used by musicbee. So it's also impossible to delete them while mb is running. I ran MB as admin and the same problem still occurs.

Latest musicbee version from 3.2 thread.
Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 11:44:28 PM by rudolph

Steven

• Administrator
I would expect MB to say the number of files actually deleted in the status bar.

If you use this version, MB will log a message with the reason in the error log if deletion fails:

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee files

rudolph

Thanks but I reinstalled and reset all settings already. Everything works now.