Author Topic: [SOLVED] [3.1.6466] Playlist occasionally clears itself  (Read 1292 times)

FudgePoly

I use one playlist in MusicBee for my favourite tracks. Once in a while I'll add some tracks to it, usually via drag-and-drop.

The problem is, no matter what I do, once in a when trying to access the playlist I see it's completely empty. This happens every month or two on average. I THINK it started post v3.0, but I am unsure...

I usually notice this after right clicking the playlist => "List" => "Update Play Order" when the list is unfocused (i.e. if I do this while in the main Artists view). I suspect it's either this specific procedure or something that happens on startup which clears the list.

I have tried both the MBP and M3U file formats and this happens on both, but it's not common enough to track when/why unfortunately. If there's more information I can provide I'll try my best.
Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 01:38:31 AM by FudgePoly

Steven

• Administrator
I dont think i have heard this reported before nor can i think of anything where MB would clear a playlist except by some user action eg. hotkey to clear the playlist, accidental deletion etc.
In any case, unless you are able to provide some steps that can reliably reproduce the issue i wont be able to help

FudgePoly

Here is a way to reliably do it, upon further attempts:

1) Playlist has 1036 tracks, restored from a backup to the Music\MusicBee\Playlists.

2) I have 2 docked tabs in "Pin Tab [Icon and Text]" and "Navigation Lock > Full Lock" mode, one for Artists and one for Tracks.

3) Open MusicBee with the playlist not in view (only the 2 docked tabs are in view).

4) Right click playlist > List > Update Play Order.

5) The playlist opens in a new tab, completely empty and the file size is 0 bytes.

Steven

• Administrator
Thanks for providing the steps. There is definitely a bug but in my case I get a null reference exception, so although its probably fixed in your case I cant be certain

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files