Author Topic: v3.1.6466 "has stopped working"  (Read 2035 times)

SoftwareSamurai

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 47
My MB keeps crashing/"stopped working" while doing nothing. Typically I start it up and leave it running, and ever since I updated to v3.1 I've found that it crashed or "stopped working" overnight. I don't see any crash dump files, so I'm not sure why it's doing this. It seems to run fine for many days, then just dies. The log file is also empty.

Is there any setting that enables it to create a dump file when this happens to help debug this?

Steven

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 34427
if you are using webroot security software you will need to restore musicbeexbox.dll

otherwise the windows event viewer might provide more details

SoftwareSamurai

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 47
Yeah, it's not webroot.

I checked the windows events and found the last one related to MusicBee:
Code
Fault bucket 1801029036, type 25
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: MusicBee.exe
P2: 3.1.6466.36486
P3: 59bad5c4
P4: ntdll.dll
P5: 6.1.7601.23889
P6: 598d4c81
P7: c0000005
P8: 0002e064
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
C:\Users\john\AppData\Local\Temp\WER8982.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\Users\john\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_MusicBee.exe_d1d69fd993971cbef0d4228ab2dc62ed7321476_4c830a93

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 1dcc138b-ae79-11e7-a8c7-60a44c36ff60
Report Status: 0

I looked in that crash directory and only found "Report.wer", which didn't appear to contain anything helpful.

Steven

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 34427