Author Topic: MusicBee and Mobility...the Future of MB.. DLNA, 4G, UPNP ..  (Read 10126 times)

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
" I'm just old, so I'm not really into Blue-teeth and Streaming " (teeth)...

That was a feeble attempt by me at humour, it backfired somewhat as I meant to say Blue-teeth and Steaming!
Anyways, what technically advanced team of research and developers would name a derivation of WiFi after a 10th century king of Denmark? (I would have used his first name - Harald).

Best  ;D

Jkesnk

Thanks for the response Steven... I was just getting tired of trying work rounds so I can use MB for all my devices... Home and Mobile..  Making new libraries and Playlists just so you can play your music on everything... I would still fund someone to write the code so I can have it stream in the car over LTE .... Thanks again Steven... MusicBee Streaming is the Future... How about a code for Kelsos Android app so we can link up with library at the house then use it in the car...?

Joker1980

i get the idea of what is trying to be done and i get multi devices that are out there make plugins hard to code out for one person. how about this for a solution you make a plugin that allows a web based gui to interact with musicbee like below so you would just host a website with musicbee on in background and the website is aloud to access musicbee for information. i have the idea just not the know-age how hard this would be to accomplish just any devices could access a webpage and you would just forward a port from your home router to allow access to such webpage ?

(this is a work in progress with basic ideas of working with musicbee)
Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 06:26:20 AM by Joker1980

phred

• Global Moderator
Or you could simply use SubSonic. No muss, no fuss. All my music is available anywhere I go. Via a web interface on a desk/laptop, via an Android app, and (I believe) app(s) for iDevices.

www.subsonic.org
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

frankz

Or you could simply use SubSonic. No muss, no fuss. All my music is available anywhere I go. Via a web interface on a desk/laptop, via an Android app, and (I believe) app(s) for iDevices.

www.subsonic.org
Could you explain your process in more detail as far as managing your library in MusicBee and playing via Subsonic?  

Does this update your MusicBee play counts, etc upon playback? Do the apps respect ReplayGain?  This could be a solution if so.  The last time I played with the protocol(via Ampache) it did track Date Added but not play stats and it seemed like a lot of exporting/importing to get MB data in and out. That may have changed.

There is no shortage of remote playback options.  The black hole here is finding a method that will interact with the MB library and track playback stats in MB so I'm not sitting here maintaining two libraries and sets of statistics.

phred

• Global Moderator
I do all my tagging and 'management' in MB. I use MB to listen to my music when I'm in the house. And while there is a SubSonic plugin, it hasn't been working well for quite some time and the author seems to come and go, without making any substantial improvements.

I don't care about play counts, so I can't comment with full knowledge, but just doing a google search it appears that the SubSonic developer recently added the ability to get play counts via the API. You would need to figure out how to get it to interact with MB. It does seem to respect ReplalyGain.

You can download and use SS for free (with its web interface) and try it out. You'll need to install it on a machine that's running 24/7 that acts as its server. It will play your media on DLNA devices.

I suggest you visit the website and read through it all to see if it will do what you want.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

theta_wave

Anyways, what technically advanced team of research and developers would name a derivation of WiFi after a 10th century king of Denmark? (I would have used his first name - Harald).
Such a question begins and ends with his glorious beard.   ;)

daibaron

Guys I'm ready to pay to get the DLNA properly integrated in MB.
who will join me to fund this side project ?

we could start this by making an exhaustive list (a wiki) of network able speakers (Dlna/Upnp compatible) that don't work with MB
Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 06:52:07 PM by daibaron

Steven

• Administrator
if you think its viable to get some funding together you might approach the bubble UPnP developer who did the foobar plugin - he will know all the messy details of getting UPnP across many devices

daibaron

This is an amazing start, Bubble Upnp is a very compatible solution. I guess the dev must be the man for it.
Lets talk of this together and we can start a thread after we are sure it is viable to fund it.

daibaron

^ your CC is expired.  :P

I have contacted the Bubble dev via XDA and asked him if he would be interested in being in charge of this project.
I'm now waiting for his feedback.
Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 04:11:22 PM by daibaron

Jkesnk

I'm IN !!!! .... Good Job Daibaron ... "BIG D" ... Start with DLNA and work it up to LTE for complete Mobility... MB Streaming is the Future... " That's One Small Step for Man, One Giant Leap For Mankind. "

daibaron

daibaron

Sorry Guys, Bubbleguuum has declined our offer.

Re: Upnp Plug in for music bee

Hi,

No plan to work on a Music Bee plugin.

Who else would be able to develop the plugin, hints ?
i was thinking about contacting dcucko : https://www.xda-developers.com/stream-your-media-to-any-upnpdlna-receiver-with-my-cloud-cast/

or posting on XDA and hire someone.
Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 12:20:43 PM by daibaron