Author Topic: "Do not show artwork for albums with less than..." in playlists  (Read 3074 times)

Maith

Hi,

is there a possibility to use the option "do not show artwork for albums with less than x tracks" in playlists?

The problem is that in playlists I often have 1 or 2 tracks of an album that is complete in the library and I guess because of that it's still counted as an album with more than 5 tracks in the playlist, even though there are only two in the list.

The "Album and Tracks" view gets rather clunky if I use it in playlists, which is a bummer.

Thanks.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator

phred

• Global Moderator
What happens with albums that have more than x tracks? Would you want artwork to show for them? Then you have some albums showing artwork and some not. I think that might look somewhat odd.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Maith

Yes, I would like to have the covers with more than x titles.

This is actually how iTunes does it (not that I need to have it like iTunes). But look at that screenshot:
https://imgur.com/S2FJxGd

It is a playlist with the exact view I want to achieve minus the waste of space the covers take up for albums with less than 4 or 5 tracks.
But since I have all tracks of the albums in the library they just won't disappar

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
phred, the issue as I see it is that this is something MusicBee already does, but it doesn't work as expected in this context because it's based only on the overall number of tracks from the album, not the number in the current playlist.  That seems like an oversight that should be corrected.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
I understand that in Albums & Tracks view one can limit the number of tracks that appear for an album (display first few tracks only...) but I don't recall seeing the option under that (do not show artwork for albums with less than x tracks.) Was that a recent add?

In any event, I have moved this thread to the bug reports section.

In the meantime, I'll play with that option to see how it behaves for me. For the record, I rarely use Albums & Tracks view.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
This functionality is based on the album track count so is working as designed.
However i do agree that would be better in playlists based on the count in the playlist so i will move this to the wishlist

Maith

Ok. Can I challenge that design?

That would mean if have I have a single song in my library, whose track count says "2 of 20" the artwork would always show up? That seems rather odd. I would have guessed such functionality has to be based on the number of songs actually present, not what a tag says.

Maybe I'm not seeing the benefits of the other behaviour?

Steven

• Administrator
The issue was actually with the "group tracks with a header" setting which is disabled for playlists by default.
Handling for that is done for v3.2, but that probably wont be available for some time