Author Topic: Overlay all panels on a bitmap background  (Read 34005 times)

Steven

• Administrator
All the header menus (when shown) have the translucent background.
Could this also be added to element id="Content[TrackDetail].Body.ListHeader" to separate it from the panel body.
I am not sure i understand what you are requesting. "Content[TrackDetail].Body.ListHeader" is an existing element. When a custom background is active, it should still be used but with an alpha value applied
no, i was wrong. For the next update I have changed it to apply a low alpha
Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 02:07:29 PM by Steven

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
As a lot of skins are arranged in folders, if MB can't find a skin specific background could it then look for a folder specific custom background.
That way, a background would not be needed for every colour in Dark-Fine Tuned, just a generic "Dark-Fine Tuned.jpg" background.

It already works that way as I requested it earlier.
Sorry redwing, that was way back on the first page and I'd forgotten about it  :-[

Also, with 'artist picture' element, if the image is to small for the available space and needs background fill.  That background fill is the solid panel colour.
that should be fixed as well now
I noticed that the solid background colour is back for this element  :(

And here is some backgrounds (for the default instal skin folders) for testing.

Download

The only one I can't make a suitable "generic" background for is Dark> MetroStyle as there is just to much contrast between the white main panel and the black background of the other panels.
Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 02:42:18 AM by Bee-liever
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

redwing

They look great! Thanks for sharing!
I will include some other images to my 3.2 skins, but more choices would be always welcome.
Maybe I will tweak your Pastels image a little and use that.

redwing

i will do the vertical tag editor

Can you make text boxes translucent too as they currently keep its original color?

Steven

• Administrator
Also, with 'artist picture' element, if the image is to small for the available space and needs background fill.  That background fill is the solid panel colour.
Working fine here for artist pictures. The only change i made recently was for stacked album covers. They used to always be forced to a square when stacked so ensured the whole area was filled. Now the aspect ratio is maintained and the remainder filled with the skin background colour - is that what you mean? If so, i wont change that, although i could if it was just one album for the artist, but then its not being consistent with multi-album artists

Steven

• Administrator
i will do the vertical tag editor

Can you make text boxes translucent too as they currently keep its original color?
no thats not possible as it uses a winforms textbox control which doesnt support that

Bee-liever

Working fine here for artist pictures. The only change i made recently was for stacked album covers. They used to always be forced to a square when stacked so ensured the whole area was filled. Now the aspect ratio is maintained and the remainder filled with the skin background colour - is that what you mean? If so, i wont change that, although i could if it was just one album for the artist, but then its not being consistent with multi-album artists

This is the artist picture element I'm referring to:

Steven

• Administrator
Thanks for sharing those and if its OK with you, except for Redwing's skin folders, i would like to include in the installer

Steven

• Administrator
thats implemented for the next v3.2 update

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_2/MusicBee32_Patched.zip
its important to replace all the existing musicbee files otherwise you will get a crash with MusicBeeBass.dll
Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 11:31:40 AM by Steven

Bee-liever

Thanks for sharing those and if its OK with you, except for Redwing's skin folders, i would like to include in the installer

That's OK by me.
I have update the file.
Slight change to the "Skins" background as I wasn't happy with how the perspective filter worked.
Added a "Bee78" background and removed the redwing folders.

MB3.2.6734  Still not working for me  :(

Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 02:46:18 AM by Bee-liever

Steven

• Administrator

MB3.2.6734  Still not working for me  :(
I only tested with the album cover but i see the artist picture has a little more complexity to it. Thats fixed for the next update

Alumni

I had an idea for a repeating pattern as a background, similar to this:

For this to work though we would need the option to tile the image instead of stretching it.

Steven

• Administrator
how big is the source image? I could change MB to apply tiling is the source image is less than (for example) 500px

Alumni

how big is the source image? I could change MB to apply tiling is the source image is less than (for example) 500px

I think that would be a good solution. Here is a small-sized "proof of concept" image; https://i.imgur.com/TwbQNzu.png