Author Topic: Overlay all panels on a bitmap background  (Read 33993 times)

redwing

i will do the vertical tag editor

Thanks! Working great!

Regarding the auto-loading of the skin name image feature, now I see why I thought it's broken.
Say you have A skin with A.jpg, B skin with B.jpg but C skin with no image.
Load A skin, enable the option and it auto-selects A.jpg. Restart and it shows A.jpg. Switch to B skin and it switches to B.jpg.
Now switch to C skin and it loads no image though the option is still enabled. Select D.jpg and restart then it shows D.jpg.
Now switch to A skin again but it sticks to D.jpg.

I think it needs another option, something like "Always auto-load a skin name image" that will always load A.jpg for A skin.

Steven

• Administrator
Select D.jpg and restart then it shows D.jpg.
once you assign a non-default image MB sticks with it.
Now switch to C skin and it loads no image though the option is still enabled.
I could correct that but once unticked MB wont auto-select the image on the next skin

I wont add any more settings for this functionality as there are too many options in general already and another option just complicates the choices the user needs to make.

redwing

Select D.jpg and restart then it shows D.jpg.
once you assign a non-default image MB sticks with it.

Then how do you make it auto-load it again? If you manually select A.jpg, then it now sticks with that image.
I think it currently requires two restarts after disabling the option and after re-enabling the option.

Now switch to C skin and it loads no image though the option is still enabled.
I could correct that but once unticked MB wont auto-select the image on the next skin

No, that's fine. Not-loading would be also useful for some skins the user doesn't want to load an image.

So the current implementation assumes users know the feature well and that they have placed skin name images for skins they want to load. Maybe brief descriptions of the auto-loading feature on the tooltip of the setting would be useful.

Steven

• Administrator
when the option is enabled, I have changed MB to always attempt to use the skin default custom background as first preference, and if none, to continue using the current custom background

redwing

when the option is enabled, I have changed MB to always attempt to use the skin default custom background as first preference, and if none, to continue using the current custom background

Works well now when switching to skins with a default image, but the problem is that it continues to use a previous "default" image for skins with no image. It should only keep a previous "custom" image for skins with no image.

Steven

• Administrator
Works well now when switching to skins with a default image, but the problem is that it continues to use a previous "default" image for skins with no image.
For the next update, it will not carry the previous default if the new skin has no default image

redwing

All lowlight selectors become translucent and look nice with background images except Panel.Body.Lowlight & Panel.ChildBody.Lowlight that have no transparency at all. Can you make them translucent too?

Steven

• Administrator
For the next update its done for tree-view type panels

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_2/MusicBee32_Patched.zip
Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 07:28:37 PM by Steven

Alumni

Looking great now. Thanks!

I have not yet tested this myself, can you share a screenshot of what it looks like?

redwing

I already posted a screenshot on page 1 of this thread.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
All the header menus (when shown) have the translucent background.
Could this also be added to element id="Content[TrackDetail].Body.ListHeader" to separate it from the panel body.

As a lot of skins are arranged in folders, if MB can't find a skin specific background could it then look for a folder specific custom background.
That way, a background would not be needed for every colour in Dark-Fine Tuned, just a generic "Dark-Fine Tuned.jpg" background.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
All the header menus (when shown) have the translucent background.
Could this also be added to element id="Content[TrackDetail].Body.ListHeader" to separate it from the panel body.
I am not sure i understand what you are requesting. "Content[TrackDetail].Body.ListHeader" is an existing element. When a custom background is active, it should still be used but with an alpha value applied

As a lot of skins are arranged in folders, if MB can't find a skin specific background could it then look for a folder specific custom background.
That way, a background would not be needed for every colour in Dark-Fine Tuned, just a generic "Dark-Fine Tuned.jpg" background.
i will do this

redwing

It already works that way as I requested it earlier.