Author Topic: mb "freezing" prob  (Read 4310 times)

eddi

• Writer / Music Blog / MusicBee Power User
hey there

my version is 3.1.6466 and since a few versions before i´ve noticed a bug or something. it occurs randomly that mb seems to be "freezing" while playing.
the music plays on but when i start to skip to the next song or something else, nothin happens. no function is available until i close mb via task manager and restart it.

sometimes i have to do it a few times and then everything seems to be ok for a while. until it happens again...

does some of u have the same issue? if so what might be the prob?

any idea anyone?

thx eddi

Steven

• Administrator
if you send me a link to your settings i will take a look (help/ support/ view settings)

eddi

that would be nice.

i´ll copy it itno my cloud and send you the link soon.

thx in advance

eddi

eddi

Hey Steven,

this ist the link

would be cool if you could check it in order to find out if there´s something corrupted.

thx eddi

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6facn6i6aq68hz9/Eddi%20-%20MusicBee3Settings%20-%20.ini?dl=0

Steven

• Administrator
i had a look and i wasnt able to reproduce any issues or see any things that i thought might be problematic

Jubs v2

I have also been having this problem. Can't remember if it was pre-v3 but it has definitely been happening since v3+

For me it usually happens after listening to music for a while but can also happen on first few songs. It will finish playing a song, then go to 0:00 of that song and is unable to play/skip/etc any playback functions just stop working. The rest of MB works just the playback functions won't work. Wish I could contribute more info but there isn't any noticeable triggers as to when it stops.

antietam

it occurs randomly that mb seems to be "freezing" while playing.
the music plays on but when i start to skip to the next song or something else, nothin happens. no function is available until i close mb via task manager and restart it. sometimes i have to do it a few times and then everything seems to be ok for a while. until it happens again...

I have exactly the same problem.

Steven

• Administrator
can each of you send me a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)
also could you indicate what output device you are using
Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 09:26:54 AM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
@antietam, in your case the only thing i can see that you might try is disabling the izoZone dsp. I guess also ensure your output device drivers are up to date.
Everything else looks very straight forward
Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 07:08:04 PM by Steven

antietam

Thank you, Steven. As this is a comparatively new issue (I mean occasional freezing) I have been experiencing since the end of September, I think I'll stick to Version 3.0 which is flawless to me.

Viva MusicBee (I will never be able to use any other media player).

Steven

• Administrator
I have had a few reports of freezing but its not clear to me whether the issue is actually musicbee or something to do with the last major windows 10 update; something related to the updated bass.dll or a genuine introduced bug in MB.
I ran your settings for a few hours yesterday without issue.
If you find MB still freezing even using v3.0 could you let me know

Steven

• Administrator
@eddi & Jubs v2, it seems at least in antietam's case it was his security software, so you might try whitelisting MB in that software

@antietam, could you let us know which security software you use?

antietam

@eddi & Jubs v2, it seems at least in antietam's case it was his security software, so you might try whitelisting MB in that software

@antietam, could you let us know which security software you use?

Dr. Web & Windows Defender.

Since yesterday,Dr. Web has been detecting MusicBee.exe as DPH:Trojan.Encoder.4.

leevancleef

Hello! As you can see, I'm pretty new to the world of MusicBee, and what a great player it is! The "shuffle different artists" option is absolutely fantastic! No more Itunes system-hog for me!
I was having this same problem, and it was pretty bad, with MB freezing up multiple times. I was looking for help in this thread and, somehow, managed to click on another thread dealing with a different issue. In that thread, someone suggested unclicking the "remove silence" option. I decided to unclick it to see if it would help with the freezing and, in the last week, MB hasn't frozen on me a single time! If you're having the freezing problem, give that a shot.

Steven

• Administrator
I was having this same problem, and it was pretty bad, with MB freezing up multiple times. I was looking for help in this thread and, somehow, managed to click on another thread dealing with a different issue. In that thread, someone suggested unclicking the "remove silence" option. I decided to unclick it to see if it would help with the freezing and, in the last week, MB hasn't frozen on me a single time! If you're having the freezing problem, give that a shot.
which version are you using (in help/ about) ?
also it would be useful if you were able to send me a link to a zip of one of the files that had this problem
Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 10:35:20 AM by Steven